• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

The Navarone playset is pretty cool!

I saw a toy from the 1970s yesterday. An odd lion that is attached to a base with a swiveling arm. The arm makes it act like a puppet. Pretty cool movement on something that looks so simple.

Patrick

chopper%20bike.jpg

Wow! I remember having the Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle (it was a white bike). I also remember having dragster like cars that worked by pulling a rip cord. Lots of exercise with those toys!

Edited by rjrjr

Great reading through this thread again. One recent addition which I though other members here might appreciate is the Canadian bilingual Matchbox Voltron III. Apart from the bilingual French/English packaging, the box has a carrying case handle, with die cut-out area for the handle to slide through. The styro insert is unique to this version, with numerous slots for each Lions weapons as well as a sword for the final assembled Voltron. The instruction manual is a fold out, with two pages devoted to the weapons (one side French, the other English), but unlike the line art used for the rest of the manual, these are b&w photos. I'm not sure why the US version did not come with these weapons, but this is certainly one of those instances where paying more for toys in Canada was well worth it.

167686.jpg.eb448b6af0b7d17cba921188ecc84f87.jpg

167687.jpg.7be42f50838be9eca29a7f9d102423db.jpg

167688.jpg.1fde854f94b66cd055224d5b82907b63.jpg

167689.jpg.28f105e081101abe87655578941999fb.jpg

167690.jpg.3740e455d43a2d8a2f1899cb32026df5.jpg

chopper%20bike.jpg

Wow! I remember having the Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle (it was a white bike). I also remember having dragster like cars that worked by pulling a rip cord. Lots of exercise with those toys!

They were called SST's. They were really cool but the rip cords didn't survive very long.

2w6tr7k.jpg

ogc84y.jpg

002.jpg

Not exactly kick , more like weird toy from my childhood. Found this awhile ago while going through my parents mess of a basement. I got this for a birthday or christmas back then and since I had no interest in the star wars human action figures, especially half naked, dirty, gross ones, I was going to have my mother exchange it, but somehow it never happened and ended up in a box in the basement.

I can't imagine that this sold very well back then lol

Edited by catman76

I like the OA on that voltron. Ken Kelly, looks like.

Me too. The box is huge, so I'd imagine the OA is a large format piece.

most of kelly's stuff is a good size so yeah I expect so. I don't think the size of the box really makes a ton of difference for what that's worth... I have a painted illustration reproduced at 5" inches that is 36" in real life and a painting reproduced at 27" that is... 27".

When it comes to painted illos I think its more about what was a comfortable working size for the artist, which usually falls in that 20 to 30 inch range.

I like the OA on that voltron. Ken Kelly, looks like.

Me too. The box is huge, so I'd imagine the OA is a large format piece.

most of kelly's stuff is a good size so yeah I expect so. I don't think the size of the box really makes a ton of difference for what that's worth... I have a painted illustration reproduced at 5" inches that is 36" in real life and a painting reproduced at 27" that is... 27".

When it comes to painted illos I think its more about what was a comfortable working size for the artist, which usually falls in that 20 to 30 inch range.

Makes sense. I figured it has to be at least as large as the box. Got the 12" and 6" Mego Spidey's photobombing for scale the two different sized Voltron's using the artwork

DSCF8128_zpspal6rge2.jpg

Every Saturday, I would religiously get up at 7:00 am, drag this down two flights of stairs to the basement, set it up, while Bugs Bunny was on.

Marx Guns Of Navarrone Playset

mark-navarone-play-set.jpg

Has this as a kid a loved it. This was used with so many different action figures at my house.