Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
5 5

963 posts in this topic

22,452 posts

I also had these. Been looking for them for over ten years with no luck.

 

 

il_570xN.827405016_quz3.jpg

Edited by joeypost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49,493 posts
5 minutes ago, joeypost said:

I also had these. Been looking for them for over ten years with no luck.

 

 

il_570xN.827405016_quz3.jpg

I have a buddy who may have some info he's a toy expert-has pretty much every item in the old johnson smith catalog-I'll shoot him an email ps what are those things called

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,452 posts
29 minutes ago, kav said:

I have a buddy who may have some info he's a toy expert-has pretty much every item in the old johnson smith catalog-I'll shoot him an email ps what are those things called

They were sold by Sears in the 1960/70's. They were from Japan. That's all I know.

Edited by joeypost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49,493 posts
Just now, joeypost said:

I have no idea.

From age 1-15 we live our lives.  The rest of our lives seems to be trying to recapture those years.  Age 10 being the peak year we try to recover. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,712 posts

Sears…the Wish Book around Christmas.  That's where toys came from, not Santa Claus.

Everyone knew it, every household had its own copy.  They're probably collectables, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,820 posts
1 hour ago, joeypost said:

I also had these. Been looking for them for over ten years with no luck.

 

 

il_570xN.827405016_quz3.jpg

I had those too!  I got them for Christmas one year.  I want to say my mom ordered them from the Sears catalog. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,712 posts

Hard to believe Sears is on the ropes.

They were an institution back in the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,452 posts
1 hour ago, kav said:

From age 1-15 we live our lives.  The rest of our lives seems to be trying to recapture those years.  Age 10 being the peak year we try to recover. lol

I just found (and purchased) the Triceratops off e-bay of all places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49,493 posts
Just now, joeypost said:

I just found (and purchased) the Triceratops off e-bay of all places.

WOW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49,493 posts
1 minute ago, joeypost said:

:frustrated:

Those always sting-but it means theyre out there and get listed fairly often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,418 posts

Any good toy purchases lately?

I picked up a boxed GI Joe Bridge Layer.  Got it for a birthday.  Glad to have it, but it's about as basic as you can get. 

Heading to Austin TX again soon.  Any good stores?  Is Outlaw any good?


Patrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,144 posts
10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Any good toy purchases lately?

I picked up a boxed GI Joe Bridge Layer.  Got it for a birthday.  Glad to have it, but it's about as basic as you can get. 

Heading to Austin TX again soon.  Any good stores?  Is Outlaw any good?


Patrick

That's the G.I. Joe stuff I love, from the first couple of waves when they were producing actual military vehicles. Once they started wearing neon and the vehicles got trippy, I dropped out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,700 posts

Posted a picture of one of my favorite toy lines as a kid.. and now  lol  My only one as of now, and am looking to buy complete with box and accessories in excellent condition if you know or see them out for sale.  Kindly pm me. They are the Centurions..  Are they man or machine or both?  I used to have the complete set some 10+ years ago but sold them to fund for the comic hobby.  Now, I want em all back.  Hopefully one day I can have them all again.  

Jake Rockwell.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49,493 posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,418 posts
13 hours ago, F For Fake said:

That's the G.I. Joe stuff I love, from the first couple of waves when they were producing actual military vehicles. Once they started wearing neon and the vehicles got trippy, I dropped out.

I agree for the most part. 

I do like a couple later items like the Python Patrol and Nightforce items.  But frankly that's because they are repaints of the originals we love.

Bridge Layer was out-of-control cool when I was a kid.  Same with the Conquest.  But compared to others like Skystriker, Rattlor, Killer Whale,etc: they are pretty bad now. 

Anyway, the box is super cool.  I'll post a pic later.

Patrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,418 posts

Can't believe I forgot.  Had the flu real bad a few weeks ago.

But ended up buying a flawless complete Predaking and a complete Superion from a guy.

This collector was a true nut about condition.  My kind of collector.  

I had a bunch of others that I would like to still get. 

Real stoked to get some pics of those and post. 

Patrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,418 posts

Couple Joe pics. 

Bridge Layer w/ box

APC w/ box

Anything great?  Nah.  But cool artwork. 

Patrick

20170503_2119091.jpg

20170503_212211.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,418 posts

G1 Complete Predaking

G1 Complete Superion

Sorry, lighting sucks in this room.

Patrick

20170503_212102.jpg

20170503_2119393.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
5 5