• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Egg's Undergrounds for the new year

180 posts in this topic

This thread will contain a bunch of new offerings and some retreads, cheap, expensive, rare, raw, CGC certified, mostly 1970's and prior (with some Cherry thrown in of course), comix, original art, what not, all underground related, I also have available (in my possession) the entire inventory of unread, uncirculated backstock from a California source. Those VF or better books I have multiples of I will offer cheap, so if you are thinking of obtaining some real nice "reading" copies at bargain prices, look no further. This sale will probably go on for a few weeks and I will post as quickly as I can scan, price, etc.

Shipping in the U.S. will be $5.00 and up depending upon how you want the books sent (priority mail, media mail, etc). I will only send them boxed, no envelopes. International buyers PM me & we will work it out. Insurance needed for larger orders.

FIRST PRINTS UNLESS NOTED.

F#G refers to the Fogel Underground Price Guide or the recent Supplement.

I try to be a conservative grader, I tend to lower the grade if I am unsure. Underground comix is my speciality so feel confident that my descriptions about the printing of each book is accurate based on current knowledge. I am a collector, not a dealer & wish to share these extras with you & make a few bucks to help pay for my seemingly never ending purchases. Please note that Photobucket likes to censor some of these covers. A scan can always be sent to you upon request if missing.

Rules, first :takeit: wins, feel free to PM me with questions and/or wants or requests. I have lots of other stuff.

I will accept paypal, or you can mail me a personal or cashiers check (in U.S. funds please). International buyers using paypal will have a 4% surcharge.

You need to be 18 years of age or older to buy these books and by bidding attest to that fact

The following is a link to my feedback thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4279463&gonew=1#UNREAD

As many of you already know, some of the rarest comix printed in the late 70's, 80's and 90's are minis, many with print runs of 100 and under. IMO, one of the best investments going are minis that were printed pre 1982 and are listed in Kennedy's underground guide. Many have recently been listed in Fogel's Supplement and many more will be added when Dan releases his new underground guide in the next couple of years.I have been fortunate to have made friends with one of the original writer/publishers from that time, Jerry Goebert. I have acquired the balance of his backstock which has been carefullly stored the past 25 years. So these comix are file copies as well as unread, all are at least in VF+ condition, most are NM. Some are numbered, all had print runs of 100 to 200 copies. What follows are 13 minis, with their Kennedy numbers & current Fogel prices in 9.2, if listed. Guide pricing will follow the scans.

5 sets currently available.

The six that are in Fogel add up to $252 in 9.2, 7 books are not listed, all 13 books can be yours for $99 shipped in the U.S. That's more than 50% off Fogel and the other 7 are thrown in!

Single issues may be available, please PM me if interested.

The Greasing of Billy Charter, 1980, Kennedy #899, unsigned, print run approximately 200, Fogel guide is $100, HRP is $108.

DSCF2330.jpg

The following 4 had 100 print runs

Acid Reigns, 1980, Kennedy #12, Fogel $60, HRP $61.

Mt. St. Helens Blows, 1980, Kennedy #1333, numbered, not in Fogel

Titan Trauma, 1981, Kennedy #2020, numbered, $15 in Fogel

Major Mishapovich meets Misha, 1980, Kennedy #1215, numbered, not in Fogel.

DSCF2329.jpg

Comix below all had 100 print runs

The Straight of Vermouth, 1981, Kennedy #1898, $65 in Fogel.

Poleing Together, 1980, Kennedy #1558, $12 in Fogel.

TMI, The Mishap Incident, 1981, Kennedy #2027

Bedtme for Ronzo, 1981, Kennedy #232

DSCF2328.jpg

Comix below all numbered & limited to 100 copies

Pakistan and a Pipe, 1980, Kennedy #1475, not in Fogel

Major Mishap Meets Private Enterprise, 1980, Kennedy #1214, not in Fogel

Boat People Boogie, 1980, Kennedy #304, not in Fogel

I Would a Ran, 1980, Kennedy #1082, $15 in Fogel

DSCF2327.jpg

Foo, 1980 Bijou Publishing reprints of the extremely rare 1950's Crumb fanzine. A single original went for over $3000 at a recent Heritage auction. This NM copy is unread, unopened and is a publisher file copy, books for $275 in 9.2 in the F@G. My special price is $149 shipped in the U.S.

DSCF2141.jpg

The freebie goes to Michael. BTW, it's lists in the F@G for $60 in NM-, of course it's not, but still a good value for what you are paying. lol

Witzend #8, VF/NM except for clipped cover at bottom right hand corner, free to the first buyer that spends at least $25 in this thread. You can "take it" now as long as you eventually spend $25.

:takeit:

The following dozen or so books are from my backstock dealer buyout. All books are 35 to 40 years old and they look like they were printed yesterday. All are at least VF, many are NM or better, most have factory price stickers, all priced significantly below F#G. Some books I only have one of, some I have multiples. If I you want one and someone has already taken it, just shoot me a PM or a post and I will check to see if another copy is available.