• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 9*

166 posts in this topic

Compare with this beautiful 2.5...

Action1.jpg

The AF#15 looked similar or nicer than the above, so I went 2.5. I'm sunk :cry:

I also used the wrong reference books for this one. I am the proud owner of the only CGC 2.0 Spidey 170 on the census and this book looks nicer than that one with a larger chunk out of it than the CGC 3.0 book in the Heritage archives.

Easy, Peasy - the grade must be 2.5.

But I forgot about the extra 1.8 grade and earned my second NEG of the contest. :mad:

Nothing to do but go right back at it.

I also used the wrong reference books for this one. I am the proud owner of the only CGC 2.0 Spidey 170 on the census and this book looks nicer than that one with a larger chunk out of it than the CGC 3.0 book in the Heritage archives.

But I forgot about the extra 1.8 grade and earned my second NEG of the contest. :mad:

Throw a scan of that beauty up here. Is there a story that goes along with that?

Throw a scan of that beauty up here. Is there a story that goes along with that?

Actually yes, It is a 35 cent variant of issue 170 which makes it almost high grade. :D

Actually yes, It is a 35 cent variant of issue 170 which makes it almost high grade. :D

Damn. That was an easy one. I kept trying to remember where I keep seeing your name and it was in the variant threads. doh!:foryou:

Action1.jpg

SB was smoking the good :censored: that day. That book is a turd!

This book did come to mind when grading this round. I wisely decided to ignore it. lol

I had that book in mind too but always figured it was a bit too high, so I thought my 2.0 grade was gonna be right on the money. And I should have gone even 2 more grades lower! Ack!

Action1.jpg

SB was smoking the good :censored: that day. That book is a turd!

This book did come to mind when grading this round. I wisely decided to ignore it. lol

I had that book in mind too but always figured it was a bit too high, so I thought my 2.0 grade was gonna be right on the money. And I should have gone even 2 more grades lower! Ack!

If that book was graded as an unrestored 1.5 or 1.0, it'd probably be restored by now.