• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Dealers for Captain Marvel (Fawcett) memorabilia?

11 posts in this topic

A lawyer friend of mine who used to collect 1970s and early 80s Marvels as a kid wants to get back into comics. He's looking to buy some Captain Marvel (Fawcett) memorabilia (comic and non-comic items). Who are the best dealers? What are the cool non-comic items that have been available? Which comics are the must-haves?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

This wont help you with what dealers to buy from, but I reccomend getting the Shazam book that just came out by Chip Kidd. It has a picture of almost every CM item that was made during 40s and early 50s, even the super rare child's cape. A book any CM fan should own.

This wont help you with what dealers to buy from, but I reccomend getting the Shazam book that just came out by Chip Kidd. It has a picture of almost every CM item that was made during 40s and early 50s, even the super rare child's cape. A book any CM fan should own.

Thanks Steve. If this were Facebook I would hit the Like button, but I guess I'll UBB-message-board-old-school it with a (thumbs u

lol

Any more great advice anyone? I'm going to tell him to buy the Chip Kidd book, but I'd also love to be able to tell him which dealers have the best stuff. I remember Bechara had all of that Fawcett stuff years ago, but can't remember whether it was CM or something else from Fawcett.

A lawyer friend of mine who used to collect 1970s and early 80s Marvels as a kid wants to get back into comics. He's looking to buy some Captain Marvel (Fawcett) memorabilia (comic and non-comic items). Who are the best dealers? What are the cool non-comic items that have been available? Which comics are the must-haves?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Do you mean just the Big Red Cheese himself, or the whole Marvel family?

Heritage almost always has Marvel family comics in its Signature auctions, including Whiz and Capt Marvel Adventures, and sometimes it has memorabilia (posters from movie serials, rings, etc) in those auctions.

Picture?

They look like this and are about 3 inches long if I remember correctly. Found a set at a toy dealer's booth but he liked them better than I did and wouldn't sell without a second mortgage. I saw a few Superman toys that I liked too. But they have always cost more than the Captain Marvel merchandise.

5351461345_ff3bda1269_b.jpg

5351461419_5cbb43b2ca_z.jpg

Both of the above pictures were from ebay.

Picture?

They look like this and are about 3 inches long if I remember correctly. Found a set at a toy dealer's booth but he liked them better than I did and wouldn't sell without a second mortgage. I saw a few Superman toys that I liked too. But they have always cost more than the Captain Marvel merchandise.

5351461345_ff3bda1269_b.jpg

5351461419_5cbb43b2ca_z.jpg

Both of the above pictures were from ebay.

(thumbs u

I have the green car (#1) with key. I paid $185 for it 4 years ago. Have your friend PM me if interested.

Gary

Harley Yee and Terry O’Neill of Terry’s Comics both are fairly aggressive about building up their collection of Capt. Marvel and other Fawcetts.

Nice thing about the Big Cheese, there is a lot of him out there. Only a few books will be truly challenging to track down depending on how high of grades are needed.

Harley Yee and Terry O’Neill of Terry’s Comics both are fairly aggressive about building up their collection of Capt. Marvel and other Fawcetts.

Nice thing about the Big Cheese, there is a lot of him out there. Only a few books will be truly challenging to track down depending on how high of grades are needed.

I think the merchandise is what people are looking for. There is a lot of it. I like their paper Buzz Plane and Mystic Eyes. I found a lot of the funny animal stuff but not a lot of Cap Jr. I don't think I can wear a Cap Marvel beanie but I did enjoy reading the Good Humor Man story.

bb