• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First appearance of Marvelman

10 posts in this topic

Actually Paul is correct, in the scans Jonathan posted the staples were not back in yet.

They are now.

Was nerve wracking taking the tape off this book. The production materials Carlton used were not exactly high quality.

:pullhair:

Neat book though.

I might add, I think you did the right thing with this book no matter what color label it sits in.

Taking off tape, and sealing a split spine up proper should be viewed as a good thing in our hobby. Unfortunately that isn't always the case though.

Yeah, thanks. When I found out (AFTER winning it!) that it was one of only two copies, I thought I had an obligation to do the right thing for the long term, regardless of current fads. I've never had a book slabbed before, but undoing the amateur restoration on this one and preserving it as best as possible seemed like the only real thing to do. I'm glad you think I did the right thing!

I might add, I think you did the right thing with this book no matter what color label it sits in.

Taking off tape, and sealing a split spine up proper should be viewed as a good thing in our hobby. Unfortunately that isn't always the case though.

I agree.

I agree.

I confess, I think I'm missing something. I guess I can see the argument that sealing the spine split is tampering with the original, but what would be bad about the tape removal???

I agree.

double-ditto . . . :grin: