• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$30,000 for Al Feldstein painting?

10 posts in this topic

I saw this listing and thought it was a little questionable:

Al Feldstein painting for $30,000

The seller only has one photo, which obscures most of the image. The accompanying comic book is "not included" -- swell. There's no information about provenance, circumstances of creation, etc. I just think it's an odd listing, though I do loves me some Al Feldstein artwork.

The seller only has one photo, which obscures most of the image. The accompanying comic book is "not included" -- swell. There's no information about provenance, circumstances of creation, etc. I just think it's an odd listing, though I do loves me some Al Feldstein artwork.

It's a (painted) re-creation of the TALES OF TERROR, not the original original.

Very pricey at $30,000. I doubt if it will sell at that price.

I have the original cover art for WEIRD SCIENCE # 13 (2nd issue), July-August 1950 available for sale at a lot less . . .

It's a (painted) re-creation of the TALES OF TERROR, not the original original.

Very pricey at $30,000. I doubt if it will sell at that price.

I have the original cover art for WEIRD SCIENCE # 13 (2nd issue), July-August 1950 available for sale at a lot less . . .

Please tell me more... That's the UFO's-over-Washington cover, yes? I'd love to see a photo of the original, if you have one.

it's in Terry's CAF.. with a number of others.. some are old friends of mine

Those are very nice. I love the fact that the title "Weird Science" is the squiggly style, which only lasted the first 3 issues. Also, if you compare each title, you can see that they are hand-lettered rather than copied from one source, which makes them that much cooler.

I think the Crime Illustrated #1 cover is even cooler, though I can't afford either of them...

this ad should tell you everything you need to know ;) I recall his superman 1 listing being poorly worded (and priced) as well.

Appears to be a real nice painting though. Too bad about the price but from what I've seen of his listings that's par for the course.

Ah let's face it, any excuse to post this ad :D

108582.jpg.303b63a855449a33b7272a1fc1e48aa6.jpg