• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

a key from the heart of the silver age:

sm146.jpg

My favorite Superman themed (ie Action, Superman, WF, etc.) post WWII. :luhv:

I've been waiting to find "the right one" to buy for years now and still haven't found it (but the seeking is ofen more fun than the finding).

sm146.jpg

I've been waiting to find "the right one" to buy for years now and still haven't found it (but the seeking is ofen more fun than the finding).

John, my feelings exactly. I recently picked this up in a Clink auction. Not my dream copy but I still enjoy it. They simply are not available very often and when they are it usually is sold quickly.

RAD1BD402011225_1657191.jpg

Here are scans from my collection of some Superman books from 1962:

18-05-2011110422PM.jpg

31-05-201173905PM.jpg

31-05-201174051PM.jpg

The #156 was heavily advertised in other DC mags and I remember waiting for it to hit the stands with eager anticipation.

:cool:

sm146.jpg

John, my feelings exactly. I recently picked this up in a Clink auction. Not my dream copy but I still enjoy it. They simply are not available very often and when they are it usually is sold quickly.

RAD1BD402011225_1657191.jpg

The Superman 146 is indeed one of my favorite DC books of all time. It's interesting to note that in the census there is only one 9.4 and eight 9.2s. And one of the 9.2s, unfortuneately, was noticeably damaged during shipping ( a piece of the upper right cover fell off). When I had my copy graded by CGC there were only 2 or three 9.2s. Mine came back a 9.2 with O/W pages. It's a beautiful copy and CGC was nice enough to include it in their display registry.Some collector would have to give me crazy money for me to let it go--and even then I would think twice about selling it! Incidentally, I bought my copy way back in 1991 at SDCC from PCE.

SLR