• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The GA in Australia
4 4

336 posts in this topic

Thank you SO much for giving this thread a bump!!! I didn't know it even existed and have been thinking about Australian comics lately. I only have a handful in my collection and only a few of them I actually have scans of. I will locate them and will post them to share. Thanks again AJD and Alanna (thumbs u

Here's a Batman 72 that I was able to pick up at the same time I got the Superman 58. It doesn't list a date on the CGC label, but I'm gonna say it's safe to post it here in the Golden Age area.

BATMAN72front.jpg

As good as it ever gets, condition-wise! :applause:

Thanks Alanna!!! Once again, thanks for keeping this thread alive!! I was VERY happy to see this thread this morning (thumbs u

I have become interested in comics from all over the world in the past few years. I have some that I need to get scanned or photographed that I can add to this thread and probably start some others. It comes to mind that I purchased a few Australian Catman comics from my good friend Ricky at Bedrock City this past year in Chicago. I'll post pics when I get them taken.

Here's a Batman 72 that I was able to pick up at the same time I got the Superman 58. It doesn't list a date on the CGC label, but I'm gonna say it's safe to post it here in the Golden Age area.

BATMAN72front.jpg

As good as it ever gets, condition-wise! :applause:

Thanks Alanna!!! Once again, thanks for keeping this thread alive!! I was VERY happy to see this thread this morning (thumbs u

I have become interested in comics from all over the world in the past few years. I have some that I need to get scanned or photographed that I can add to this thread and probably start some others. It comes to mind that I purchased a few Australian Catman comics from my good friend Ricky at Bedrock City this past year in Chicago. I'll post pics when I get them taken.

This website is a pretty handy guide to Oz reprints.

The Batman #72 would seem to have been (re) printed in May 1956.

If you like John Dixon's "Catman", keep a lookout for Paul Wheelahan's "Panther" - a very similar flavour, and like Dixon's Catman an original strip - not a reprint.

I found a number of Aussie Fiction House reprints on ebay a couple of years ago. Decent shape, all B&W with the stories starting on the inside front cover and continuing to the back cover on all but one. Published by John Edwards Company. Not dated but has to be the 1950s at least.

Jumbo1.jpg