• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little prayer I say every night before I go to sleep

10 posts in this topic

Try this search inside original art:

-(acetate, acetat, aceta, acet, ace)

That will get most of them.

In addition, hayfamzone can keep his comics out of there and all the guys selling prints too.

-(acetate, acetat, aceta, acet, ace, prints, print)

Yeah, searching ebay under the "Covers" catagory is a exercise in futility. It's probably 10 to 15% actual comic cover artwork with the rest a sea of acetates, prints, boob sketches, panel pages, etc.

I rarely check ebay anymore, but if I do, I avoid the "Covers" category entirely and just look for something specific like "Batman cover" in the OA catagoery to avoid the headaches.

Back in the earliest days of eBay they used to do that. You'd have designated people for certain categories and they'd be in charge of moving stuff around if it were mis-catetorized. Then again there wasn't a comic art area back then. If you were diligent you could find a nice cover in the wrong category with the wrong description and no artist attribution and get it for $150.

It's an interesting case of one or two people ruining an entire multinational business. If you were out to topple ebay, you couldn't have thought of a better way. I know of many collectors who have all but given up on the bay because of the oceans of '' like those from the purvayer of acetate spoonhead.