• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-man #194 club!
9 9

314 posts in this topic

Wouldn’t direct and newsstand be one of the same?

I thought there were only newsstand and Whitman?

Are Whitman/Direct copies more common in CGC 9.8?  7 cgc 9.8 copies have sold on eBay and 3 more are listed. Only 1 newsstand has been on eBay recently.

There are 10 Whitman copies posted in this thread and 2 newsstand editions.

Edited by Catwomancomics

3 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

Wouldn’t direct and newsstand be one of the same?

I thought there were only newsstand and Whitman?

Are Whitman copies more common in CGC 9.8?  7 cgc 9.8 copies have sold on eBay and 3 more are listed. Only 1 newsstand has been on eBay recently.

There are 10 Whitman copies posted in this thread and 2 newsstand editions.

No.  There is nothing "rare" about either in any grade.  

-J.

15 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

"Newsstand" means absolutely nothing on this book (or most books for that matter). In fact, it would likely be more common than the direct. 

Great price on that CVA copy though. (Hard to say how much or even if that sticker affected much either, it didn't seem to do much for a couple other books on this same auction.)

-J.

I find it funny that you think Newsstand copies are more common than Whitman/Direct copies in cgc 9.8.

Based on what I see here and what comes up for sale, my eyeballs tell me differently.

3 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

I find it funny that you think Newsstand copies are more common than Whitman/Direct copies in cgc 9.8.

Based on what I see here and what comes up for sale, my eyeballs tell me differently.

You wouldn't find it funny if you knew how thriving newsstands were and how they were the primary means of distribution when this book came out.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

19 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Nice 9.6s.  Funny this bump in June had a gap of 2 years since the previous post.  

It is an awesome book to own, sadly I don’t have these anymore (thanks for the purchase spiderturtle). I still have a raw copy left... 

I picked up a raw copy recently cuz I wanted to read it... almost went wild and picked up all the early BC appearances, but somehow managed to control myself.  Pretty fun issue though, especially having finished the PS4 game.  I'm sure I'll pick up at least 195 soon as well :)

around NM- I think...

194-NM-.thumb.jpg.6193349ae02e4a0e2eeebdca8332b0d9.jpg

11 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

Been following  ASM 194 cgc 9.6 on heritage for the last 2 auctions.  The 10 percent tax has me out of running for both auctions.  Pretty big increment when a buyer can win at $510-$520 instead of $560-$570.  

9.6's seem really undervalued to me right now, even at $570.

@SchmaktThat's a sharp looking raw copy there !

-J.

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

9.6's seem really undervalued to me right now, even at $570.

@SchmaktThat's a sharp looking raw copy there !

-J.

Thanks! :)

Got it from wwcomics... spine corner dings are the worst thing about it.  2 *tiny* color breaks along the spine near the center that you can barely see in the scan, but otherwise pretty good!

no single pics but I do have this one...if you look closely you can see 3 copies of #194

I used to have 15 copies, I inherited a collection of 175 boxes, When I went through my ASM collection there was a 2 Bags filled with 15 Copies of #194 and 15 Copies of #195

I since traded off 12 copies for a few other Keys I needed but I've still got 3 of each

Same thing happened With Wolverine #1 Limited, found A bag with 12 copies

20180228_171124.thumb.jpg.7f3fb907b85c7d2609a7e80ecf85ce88.jpg