• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-man #194 club!
9 9

314 posts in this topic

Last two books up for auction style this month sold on eBay for $2,000.00 Jan 14th (Whitman) and $2,238.00 Jan 19th (Newsstand)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-194-CGC-9-8-WP-Marvel-Comics-7-79-1st-app-of-Black-Cat-/123584945816?hash=item1cc63c9e98%3Ag%3AqW4AAOSwuNNcM~YR&nma=true&si=BjZw3jaFsBcZfa1WEPY1arGuRtA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

edited

E1A928A0-AA9B-44CE-ADB8-E06D3000F8C8.png

Edited by Catwomancomics

On 1/20/2019 at 12:21 PM, Catwomancomics said:

hm Hmm yeah and I noticed you also conveniently ignored the sale of the direct copy that actually sold on the same day for nearly $100 more) (Jan 19, two and a half hours before, for $2325) as the not-remotely-"rare" barcode copy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spiderman-194-cgc-9-8-1st-appearance-of-Black-Cat-Marvel-1979-MINT-WHITE/352572478761?hash=item5216f51529:g:gxMAAOSwDmxcQmXX

....but I will assume that was mere oversight on your part, rather than a continuation of an apparent attempt to advance a completely fictional narrative.  (thumbsu

-J.

20 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

hm Hmm yeah and I noticed you also conveniently ignored the sale of the direct copy that actually sold on the same day for nearly $100 more) (Jan 19, two and a half hours before, for $2325) as the not-remotely-"rare" barcode copy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spiderman-194-cgc-9-8-1st-appearance-of-Black-Cat-Marvel-1979-MINT-WHITE/352572478761?hash=item5216f51529:g:gxMAAOSwDmxcQmXX

....but I will assume that was mere oversight on your part, rather than a continuation of an apparent attempt to advance a completely fictional narrative.  (thumbsu

-J.

This was a best offer that was accepted with no way of knowing the final sale price

9B963B4B-93B0-4143-8B7C-933A6174C4B8.png

10 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Nothing.  

Like I said.  I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.  (thumbsu

-J.

-J.

If that's the case, you wouldn't have posted this statement.

So what's the fictional narrative?  That newsstands are not as common in CGC 9.8 as the Whitman direct?

9 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

If that's the case, you wouldn't have posted this statement.

So what's the fictional narrative?  That newsstands are not as common in CGC 9.8 as the Whitman direct?

I don't know.  

Why don't you just tell me what your point was when you cited two sales results that were days apart and ignored results that were hours apart?

-J.

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I don't know.  

Why don't you just tell me what your point was when you cited two sales results that were days apart and ignored results that were hours apart?

-J.

There wasn't any point other than reporting the last few sales as others have done.  I didn't report the sale of the book you're referring to because I didn't know the final price. I don't have GPA.  Thank you for the watchcount.com site.  That's very helpful.

Just now, Catwomancomics said:

There wasn't any point other than reporting the last few sales as others have done.  I didn't report the sale of the book you're referring to because I didn't know the final price. I don't have GPA.  Thank you for the watchcount.com site.  That's very helpful.

Oh yes that site is gangbusters.  You'll find yourself using it on a daily basis.

-J.

1 minute ago, Catwomancomics said:

@Get Marwood & I  Great looking Mark Jewelers copy.  I like that the label is a little different from most copies. 

Cheers Cat :)

I must take a better picture of it at some point. I'm pretty rubbish at it, as you can see.

Is the label different? How?

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Cheers Cat :)

I must take a better picture of it at some point. I'm pretty rubbish at it, as you can see.

Is the label different? How?

There is nothing underneath 1st appearsnce of the Black Cat on the right side of label.

Missing  (Felicia Hardy)

Text illo of Black Cat by Dave Cockrum

7 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

There is nothing underneath 1st appearsnce of the Black Cat on the right side of label.

Missing  (Felicia Hardy)

Text illo of Black Cat by Dave Cockrum

Oh yeah, good spot. That's CGC though isn't it. A lot of inconsistency on labels. I saw one without a page designation once. Maybe the printer run out of ink :)