• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-man #194 club!
9 9

314 posts in this topic

Wow, you're right! Last 9.8 sold for $975. Also see where another sold for $1016.00 back in Dec.

Lastest GPA recorded sale on April 12, 2015 - $1200 - is a new high. This book is slowly creeping up.

Wow, you're right! Last 9.8 sold for $975. Also see where another sold for $1016.00 back in Dec.

Lastest GPA recorded sale on April 12, 2015 - $1200 - is a new high. This book is slowly creeping up.

That's a pretty good size bump over the last sale. I wonder if JSC's obsession with the character has anything to do with it. :insane:

-J.

That's a pretty good size bump over the last sale. I wonder if JSC's obsession with the character has anything to do with it. :insane:

-J.

Not sure. To be honest, I long thought that this book was an undervalued key and it looks like the market is now correcting (or overcorrecting - there are a lot of copies out there) towards that.

I would say right now it is more due to premature movie speculation than anything else. That being said, once the Black Cat is confirmed for a Spidey or other Marvel movie this book will run up fast.

Spidey fanboys + Marvel fanboys + Movie hype = big win! lol

-J.

Not sure. To be honest, I long thought that this book was an undervalued key and it looks like the market is now correcting (or overcorrecting - there are a lot of copies out there) towards that.

I would say right now it is more due to premature movie speculation than anything else. That being said, once the Black Cat is confirmed for a Spidey or other Marvel movie this book will run up fast.

Spidey fanboys + Marvel fanboys + Movie hype = big win! lol

+1

I also notice that the book is "rare" in a 9.8 as a percentage of all submissions on the census (something like only a 9.6% pull through). Guess that black front cover is pretty unforgiving.

-J.

Interesting. I actually thought it would be lower (closer to 5%) due to the black cover, but if that % still makes it harder to find than other late BA/early CA keys in 9.8 then that is another factor working in its favor. (thumbs u