• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-man #194 club!
9 9

314 posts in this topic

I still have my copy bought off the rack at our local IGA grocery in Dayton, Ohio :cloud9:

I havent looked at it in a long time but it's probably 9.2ish i'd say. Back then, my dad would bribe me with comic books to go to the grocery with him to buy cigs. ASM 194 was one of the earliest books i remember getting on one of those cig runs.

Good story, great comic! :applause:

Ok, I have a copy but it's probably VF or so.

I don't own this, but thought this was kind of neat.

:applause:

It is a great cover....but her a s s is kinda square looking?

I can see why they went with the other cover for sure. I do like this one better myself, but you really don't get the full effect of the Black Cat here.

Ok, I have a copy but it's probably VF or so.

I don't own this, but thought this was kind of neat.

:applause:

It is a great cover....but her a s s is kinda square looking?

I can see why they went with the other cover for sure. I do like this one better myself, but you really don't get the full effect of the Black Cat here.

It is like they turned the angle on the image, both covers are cool.

It is like they turned the angle on the image, both covers are cool.

But the first one was rejected (and rightly so) because a) Spidey was not the central figure and b) it did not give us a face-shot of the new villain.

It would have worked great as a splash page in the book though.

Come on, there has to be some more CGC 9.6-9.8 newsstand copies, not just the ultra-common Whitman/Direct versions. I would love to see a 9.9 of this, as that would be a true rarity.

I've got a nice 9.6 WP newsstand copy that I bought from Steve Borock a few years back. I'll post a scan this evening.