• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1`st Captain America Movie Poster

109 posts in this topic

I do believe this is the first Cap poster (1944)

You mean the movie where he ISN'T Steve Rogers, has NO Shield, NO Wings on his head, NO Bucky, and Doesn't fight Nazis?

I don't know what movie that is.

Those are mere Hollywood details. The poster even says it is "Based on the character appearing in Captain America Comics!" It's got Lionell Atwill as the villain so leave it alone! (tsk)

I love the Captain America serial! :luhv::insane:

A fun watch! It is online here: http://waufreak89.blip.tv/

I like the posters, they look good. I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie also.

I only have three ratings; it sucks, it's good enough and it's awesome. This looks like it could be somewhere between it's good enough and it's awesome.

So that would rating number 4 then?

I'll admit that I didn't read every comment on every page, but I get the general consensus.

I don't get the "emo" comments, but hey...to each his own.

The poster isn't overly original it looks like a swipe of Cap #4 which is inturn a swipe of Civil War #1.

As for the dark, grey tone of the poster, I'm thinking they are trying to evoke images of 9/11. Same with the debris falling around him. I know the movie is set in WWII, but that is a generation ago and 9/11 is this generation's Pearl Harbor. While I would prefer more flag-waving, Nazi (not Hydra) smashing action on the poster, this is just a teaser. As for the word "Avenge," it is an obvious tie in to the full title and the planned Avengers movie, so while awkward to the man on the street, it makes a little sense to fan boys.

All in all, not great but not bad either.