• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comico Primer Club.
4 4

233 posts in this topic

There two high grade 2's on ebay. One 9.8 and 9.6. I talked to the seller about the 9.6 and I think the price was around $250. I have been thinking about getting the 1 cgc 9.6 auto and sketched one on ebay. Has been there for a while really firm on price but would be a great match with the primer 2. Grendel 2 not Primer 2 above. Might the best chance to pick up a really nice copy.

Picked up a primer 5 just this past week looks very nice could grade really well.

Been watching them both since they showed up. The 9.8 is from the notoriously overpriced seller, unfortunately. I even contacted him twice, but he won't budge. Just can't bring myself to go that high, especially when a 1 in 9.8 went for $445 recently...

My search continues... :(

The census is light on that one so it's giving me fits trying to complete the set, and is the reason I've included 9.6 in my search...

Trying to complete mine as well with the elusive Grendel #2 so feel your pain.

Edited by whocares

Nice! One of my all time favorite books. An awesome copper key that you really don't see all of the time.

Picked this one up a couple of months ago. Had planned to get it slabbed, but with the new case shenanigans I'm content to sit on it for the time being. Nicest raw copy I've owned.

wwawr7.jpg

It was rumored years ago that Primer #2 was reprinted without any kind of designation that there was a second printing (similar to Shuriken #1). Has anyone ever been able to identify differences in copies that may support this theory? With Shuriken #1 there are some differences on the front cover that are easily recognizable.

I can't remember if I joined this club or not...

Picked up this copy from a local Con in the early 00's (I think)...

Got it signed by Matt (along with Grendel 1-3) at HeroesCon in... '08?  I think... but did not, obviously, go for the SS.

I never would have expected this to come back 9.8... pretty happy and also pretty annoyed with myself.  C'est la vie.  It's not leaving my house anyway :)

2Qualified-CGCNMMT.thumb.jpg.8a76b95df683e839784d579ac17420fa.jpg

1 hour ago, Schmakt said:

Got it signed by Matt (along with Grendel 1-3) at HeroesCon in... '08?  I think... but did not, obviously, go for the SS.

I never would have expected this to come back 9.8... pretty happy and also pretty annoyed with myself.  C'est la vie.  It's not leaving my house anyway :)

That is definitely still an impressive grade though, for an all black cover :foryou: hey, CONGRATS!! :) I keep expecting to find one in the wild. :insane:

On 4/1/2014 at 7:05 PM, erazer said:

Bumping an old thread for a new member of the club.

Purchased raw in 8.0 for $50. Pressed and subbed. Was disappointed in the PQ, but the grade is decent.

mTwgR8yl.jpg

This is super nice... I have a copy in Sarasota right now that I'm dreading...

Really nice on the outside, and I bought it as 9.4 only to find a 3/4" tear on the interior.  The 5 seems like the more difficult copy than than the 2, really... this is very nice.  I feel like spine bends actually show up better on this gold than the black... so... again... awesome. :)

16 hours ago, Schmakt said:

2Qualified-CGCNMMT.thumb.jpg.8a76b95df683e839784d579ac17420fa.jpg

Congrats! 9.8 is very tough on this book. I need to get mine slabbed, but I doubt it's any better than a 9.4. One of my all time favorite books. Love Wagner's funky manga-esque art of this period, and still one of the all time great characters and series!

Bought this new off the shelf at Comics Nuff Said in Charlotte back in the day.  Loved the Evangeline character.  Slabbed it because I thought it would be the highest graded, it is - one of 2 at 9.6. Only 4 graded. Never pressed.  Bottom left corner is fine, the picture makes it look rough, it's not.  I would sell it a gadzillion dollars, maybe... nah.

primer6 (1).JPG

Edited by boatfund

On 6/15/2016 at 3:50 AM, comiconxion said:

It was rumored years ago that Primer #2 was reprinted without any kind of designation that there was a second printing (similar to Shuriken #1). Has anyone ever been able to identify differences in copies that may support this theory? With Shuriken #1 there are some differences on the front cover that are easily recognizable.

Koch warehouse had a box full of them a few years ago blowing them at $75 a pop. Not to suggest that there were 2nd prints, but that definitely is unusual for a book with an otherwise known low print run