• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comico Primer Club.
4 4

233 posts in this topic

Now that the experts are here, Are there any issues in this run that are particularly hard to find in high grade?

#6 is definitely a bugger.

I picked up a copy of #6 from Lone Star for a decent price, they graded it as an 8.5, but I feel it was very undergraded, I feel it's easily a 9.4. Wouldn't have even thought about picking up this issue until I saw a discussion about it on this board a while ago.

I picked up a copy of #6 from Lone Star for a decent price, they graded it as an 8.5, but I feel it was very undergraded, I feel it's easily a 9.4. Wouldn't have even thought about picking up this issue until I saw a discussion about it on this board a while ago.

Nice! (worship):applause:

067.jpg

:o(worship)

I know I'm a bit late to the party but nice job. That book is tough in 9.8! I remember when Grails offered a $1000 for a copy. I had 3 untouched/unread copies and thought maybe I had one that would be worth submitting...they all had multiple spine stresses. #6 is a rough one too.

:o(worship)

I know I'm a bit late to the party but nice job. That book is tough in 9.8! I remember when Grails offered a $1000 for a copy. I had 3 untouched/unread copies and thought maybe I had one that would be worth submitting...they all had multiple spine stresses. #6 is a rough one too.

William!

Welcome back stranger. :hi:

I have a Primer # 2 at CGC 9.0 and this one and a Primer 6 in what looks NM. If I could figure out how to post the picture here, I would. What makes Primer 6 so hard in grade? Is it the all white back cover?

Nah. Simple attrition. Nobody cared that much to save them when they came out, and they all ended up in quarter bins over the years. Same with #3-5.

Nah. Simple attrition. Nobody cared that much to save them when they came out, and they all ended up in quarter bins over the years. Same with #3-5.

Funnily enough, my copy was in the bottom box of a stack until I read this thread. :) Of course, it was bagged and boarded, but still not really thought of.

Funnily enough, my copy was in the bottom box of a stack until I read this thread. :) Of course, it was bagged and boarded, but still not really thought of.

Those are the facts with many of these cool books that went unappreciated for a long while.

I just received my CGC grades, and there will finally be two copies of Primer 6 in the census.

:whee:

Those are the facts with many of these cool books that went unappreciated for a long while.

I just received my CGC grades, and there will finally be two copies of Primer 6 in the census.

:whee:

What Grades? :popcorn: