• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,868 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

Hey all looking for some help. So in 2 weeks at nfcc show I am picking up a 9x12 commission on art board. So I want you put it in a top loader I plan to get prior to nfcc show. And I was curious being sketch is 9x12 for top loader what be best thickness of loader so sketch fits snug and not loose. As one place I been looking at only 9x12 are for magazines and that would be to thick and sketch be loose in that. Any help would be great.

For protective purposes, I doubt it really matters. My personal preference is to put it in a top loader and then drop the top loader into an Itoya. That's not always doable because the largest Itoya's I can find are too small to hold the largest top loaders (and sometimes the piece won't fit into a top loader either).

Again I am getting a top oafer for this sketch what I was looking for was brand and what would be a good thickness size for art board drawing. So it be snug in the holder and not to loose. As I said above one brand I found for size was for thick magazines. So it be to thick due to being for magazines and be loose on the art work.

On 6/6/2019 at 10:59 PM, DomUga said:

I’m collecting Thor commissions. So far getting from local Philippine talents  

Eman Casallos

John Amor

Lan Medina

Roy Allan Martinez

18DE52C3-4662-4146-821A-00F887EE1795.jpeg

5A528B2F-BFE0-4B8B-BA0D-80555E975431.jpeg

F45743E1-E9C9-48E5-8708-8863DB0D8336.jpeg

153B5AF9-736F-4C2C-9FB6-0FE56AD10F41.jpeg

Over the years, the Phillippines have really produced some terrific artists, like from Rudy Nebres and Nestor Rodando.

I rarely get commissions, but decided to get one from Ron Frenz. I had him recreate a classic John Romita Captain America image, and it turned out GREAT! Ron penciled, inked and colored the piece + added the lettering. It's gorgeous. Fair pricing and incredibly fast turnaround. I also want to tip my cap to Scott Kress from Catskill Comics for a great job of keeping me informed every step of the way. Very glad I ordered this, and will definitely ask for another Frenz piece in the future!

CAposter.jpg

Another home run from the Felix crew. Chris Stevens delivers here with all the necessary elements: intensity, blood, hair, cables, tubes, sparks, claws! 

I kind of feel like the guy who couldn't lose in 'Press Your Luck" when it comes to commissions. Thankful and hoping it continues.

Weapon X Illustration.jpg

On 8/11/2017 at 6:33 PM, Mr. F said:

Here are a few of mine.  I'm a school librarian (middle school), and I like to get commissions for the library.  These are just from the past year or so--there are others, too.  I'll post what I can find online right now... More later and my other collection, focused on Prez, the First Teen President (yeah, I actually sunk a lot of money into that theme, too--for whatever reason). 

CdHblLJUMAAnGS6.jpg

Cv3RI_HWYAAiavX.jpg-large.jpeg

CwhBzIaWIAAn4ns.jpg-large.jpeg

CwhCVA6XAAEqpG8.jpg-large.jpeg

CwhCwY5XEAAQjTa.jpg-large.jpeg

CwhDImPXgAElCG3.jpg-large.jpeg

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 6.31.04 PM.png

Love the theme!