• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,868 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2019 at 4:59 AM, ESeffinga said:

Brief. Instructions. What did you ask for?

Oh. 

I had a pretty solid idea of what I wanted . Gave him a few photos for reference and let him work his magic. VERY easy to work with. Christie, his art rep, was great to work with. 

7 hours ago, stippy52 said:

Oh. 

I had a pretty solid idea of what I wanted . Gave him a few photos for reference and let him work his magic. VERY easy to work with. Christie, his art rep, was great to work with. 

The art is lovely, but all I could think of is how the hell do mermaids reproduce?

Mister Miracle Unmasked Scott Free
By Mitch Gerads 

The incredible Mitch Gerads completely floored me with this Mister Miracle Unmasked Commission. This was obtained through this representative Comic Sketch Art when they opened his SDCC 2019 list. 
I asked for a Bearded Unmasked Mister Miracle. A favorite theme of my burgeoning art collection.
Even with my high expectations Mitch really delivered an incredible piece. My favorite part of this masterpiece is the eyes. Mitch gives us a window into the haunted soul of Scott Free. You feel the pain, the sorrow and the wonder that Mitch and Tom instilled into the character and story. 
Mister Miracle won back to back Eisners in multiple categories. And ever one of them richly deserved. 
From the moment this book was announced I was thrilled with the possibilities and the moment we saw the book itself was a revelation. I thought Mitch's art was incredible. Tom's writing, superb.
The series is magic from the first panel to the very last. This  series is a brilliantly executed comic on all levels. The art and the use nine-panel grid to pace the story is masterful and give it such a unique rhythm. The book is reverent to Kirby and the Fourth World while at the same time epic and incredibly personal. 
I love how King writes Scott and Barda’s relationship. Full of love, passion, disappointment, and joy. 
Mister Miracle takes all the best lessons from some of King’s best work (Vision and Omega Men) and evolves it into something very special. 
It's like a great magic trick Tom King and Mitch Gerads made their pledge, their turn was bold and daring,  and their prestige was marvelous. I finally get how comic fans were feeling in 1986 when Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns were coming out.
I also want to recognize the incredible talent and work of Nick Derington, whose covers were so incredibly iconic.
Mitch Gerads created the art for Mister Miracle digitally so there is no physical original art so Commissions like these are the only way to have a piece of physical art.
Thank you to Mitch Gerads, Tom King, and Nick Derington for creating such a wonderful comic that had such a profound effect on me. Comic Sketch Art for being so easy to work with. And of course a final thanks again to Mitch Gerads for creating such an amazing piece of art that I will treasure.
A nice epilogue to this story that made me smile, a few weeks after SDCC Tom King tweeted out a picture of my Commission with the following comment. "The @MitchGerads commission I most tried to steal. Those eyes..." 
I can't help but agree.

B0C8286C-FDFB-406F-A70F-A3C09BBEF850.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Simone Bianchi and Humberto Ramos. Both pieces I just love .imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

54FDB3F2-2BA3-4D56-A080-4E507B6448CB.jpeg

309BD6D5-291E-401A-A70E-815073221A1C.jpeg

62B554BB-CD27-4C8E-BB0D-4ACBD249BEF2.png

Great framing! I was arguing against including published art with the OA, but with the cards and your off-set decisions, and particularly the delineating line with the Ramos piece, I think they look fantastic. 

Edited by dichotomy