• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

Well I am ideally probably just going with all head sketches to maybe bust level. But ya I thinking I may box it out so I know each area be for this character and what not. I was thinking going 9 per side. So then it gives me 18 characters to work on getting probably for awhile. Counting on budget and what artists will be attending shows I plan to go too. I was thinking if I do 9 per side maybe 8 boxes per side be the head/bust side. And 1 per side be a larger box for maybe a full body for 1 character. But like I said I have no other shows I am going to this year. So I got over 6 months to settle on my plans.

22 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

Well I am ideally probably just going with all head sketches to maybe bust level. But ya I thinking I may box it out so I know each area be for this character and what not. I was thinking going 9 per side. So then it gives me 18 characters to work on getting probably for awhile. Counting on budget and what artists will be attending shows I plan to go too. I was thinking if I do 9 per side maybe 8 boxes per side be the head/bust side. And 1 per side be a larger box for maybe a full body for 1 character. But like I said I have no other shows I am going to this year. So I got over 6 months to settle on my plans.

Another thought.
Contact an artist, e.g., Matthew Clark, about doing a layout that other artists can use to base their contribution. It can make for a more dynamic scene and reduce the time for the artists that are completing it - which might lead to a lower cost per figure.

1900227828_ClarkMattAaronLoprestiDavidMarquezThomZahlerJoeEismaJoeRubinsteinBillyTucciJoeRubinsteinBobMcLeod-EasyCompany.thumb.jpg.3087aa8d25338a6e35ba7e67c20cb549.jpgI did this with a Sgt. Rock jam and the figures weren't terribly expensive and everyone praised the layout.

Ya like I said I just need to settle on open jam or box out spaces. If I do boxes. I might have probably who ever I decide to do first sketch maybe do layout. If not maybe contact a few artists I am friends with to see if they do it. Or do you got a few names I could look into and seeing what they say?

23 x 30

Home Run. Ian has been on an incredible run of work with Little Bird this past year. I felt like Pan's Labyrinth would be the perfect subject for him to work his magic.

The result is this giant masterpiece of the Faun. I love how Ian incorporated his tubes/tentacles to merge the Faun with the forest/Labyrinth. The eyes and classic Bertram hands add to the piercing feel of the piece.

Once again, big thanks goes to Felix for another commission that exceeded expectations.

Ian Bertram Pans Labrynth Commission.jpeg

2 hours ago, jaykza said:

23 x 30

Home Run. Ian has been on an incredible run of work with Little Bird this past year. I felt like Pan's Labyrinth would be the perfect subject for him to work his magic.

The result is this giant masterpiece of the Faun. I love how Ian incorporated his tubes/tentacles to merge the Faun with the forest/Labyrinth. The eyes and classic Bertram hands add to the piercing feel of the piece.

Once again, big thanks goes to Felix for another commission that exceeded expectations.

Ian Bertram Pans Labrynth Commission.jpeg

That’s perfect. Congrats!