• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,868 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, RBerman said:

Wow, that Curt Swan piece is great. So much more detailed than his usual comics work.

True. However, he had a few advantages in that area on it and on my Superman - they weren't going to be inked/colored, they weren't going to be printed on the very limited presses of the day, and they weren't going to be shrunk to a fraction of the size. All of that made investing in more detail and shading worth the time.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:05 PM, RapsAndJays21 said:

Have this Fiona Staples piece. Anyone know what I should value you it dollar wise? :)

SptKfRN7_1711191116111gpadd.jpg

No clue, but because there is so little hand done work for Saga, this is a very scarce piece.

When DC modernized their teenage humor comic Binky in the late sixties it would have been fun if they had teamed up with Archie and the gang. I asked Bill Galvan what it would have looked like, and with a little inspiration from classic Justice League covers this is his take on the subject:

Binky_Archie_fadg_liten.jpg.6ed69393b7f0d18d41b8f0291f5d063e.jpg

Before it was finished he designed two logos which can be seen on the pencils and inks respectively:

Binky_Archie_1_liten.jpg.2cbf9c64c6a0772081366cb2e192fce5.jpg

Click on the pictures to see it in slightly larger format in my CAF gallery.  There I also show the prelim and some of the authentic fashions the characters are wearing on the cover.

After the initial mix-up of my Baroness commission request, I contacted Mr. Steven Butler and he offered to lightbox a new 9" x 12" Baroness commission on a separate piece of paper.  It turned out spectacular and Steven even stated he would be selling prints of the result which is super cool.

Baroness_Butler.jpg