• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,868 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2020 at 2:57 PM, NC101 said:

You have an amazing collection, I think I'll be drooling the rest of the day

Thanks, I like Michael's collection, too.  :) There are a lot of commisisons there!

Edited by alxjhnsn

13 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

Just got my first ever commission in today. I grew up with Bagley's Spider-man in the early 90s and since then he's always been my favorite artist. All I asked for was Spidey and Venom - everything else was up to him. I'm ecstatic with what I got:

fkOc2H7.png 

Wow! Bagley's still got it. Sooo goood.

6 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

Oh man if zeck is retiring soon glad I got a sketch from him 2 years back. Even though it's just a bust sketch. I would love another from him.

He’s already in retirement mode. He will make some very limited convention appearances but he was selling a lot of goods off his site to get rid of inventory. I imagine getting sketches moving forward ( nice finished ones ) will be very difficult . He was only doing portraits anyways . More detailed drawings he just hardly did anymore . 

2 hours ago, dirtymartini1 said:

My 1st commish. Happy and relieved. It came out great and didn’t take years. Here it is. by Bill Carman. 

If you care to read the hows and why, please check out my CAF link.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1609981

phantomtollbooth (1).jpg

If you ever want to do another, you might consider Janet K. Lee. She did The Return of the Dapper Man as a decoupage project and pen/ink and painted project. Very talented, very nice, interesting approach to her art.

11 hours ago, alxjhnsn said:

If you ever want to do another, you might consider Janet K. Lee. She did The Return of the Dapper Man as a decoupage project and pen/ink and painted project. Very talented, very nice, interesting approach to her art.

Oh wow. Thank you for the suggestion. She is super talented. Soon as I saw some of her stuff, I thought wow, Cursed Pirate Girl in color! 

2 hours ago, dirtymartini1 said:

Oh wow. Thank you for the suggestion. She is super talented. Soon as I saw some of her stuff, I thought wow, Cursed Pirate Girl in color! 

In spoilers for those that don't want to read about Janet and Jeremy. :)

Spoiler

Welcome. I think should would be perfect for a project like you posted. I do have a page from her Sea Sirens (A Trot and Cap'n Bill Adventure) with Amy Chu. It's the first of a series. Click to learn more about it.
image.thumb.png.94cfd9f795b22105f96589b952d8e469.png

As to CPG, I'm a fan. Click on the image to learn more about each piece.

My first "con sketch" from Jeremy.
 image.thumb.png.212f9208fb8ad890b4fe19314c77635a.png

My second "con sketch" from Jeremy
image.thumb.png.0257b78c93ae81fbe4144053ac960253.png

The first CPG commission Jeremy ever did!
image.thumb.png.21ccd31db851d6ccffead628c56dc2d7.png