• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,868 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Benedict Judas Hel said:

I got in a couple of 8” x 11 1/2” commissions by Giancarlo Caracuzzo today...

Vega:

And The Baroness:

Out of curiosity, what's the breakdown on the percentage of artists who know who Vega is, versus those for whom you have to explain/provide references?

I'm guessing it might be somewhat dependent on the age of artist, but I've long been curious if you get more of a "who?" response, or a "oh, cool idea" response when you ask for him.

52 minutes ago, ShallowDan said:

Out of curiosity, what's the breakdown on the percentage of artists who know who Vega is, versus those for whom you have to explain/provide references?

I'm guessing it might be somewhat dependent on the age of artist, but I've long been curious if you get more of a "who?" response, or a "oh, cool idea" response when you ask for him.

Out of all of the artists I have gotten commissions from, Graham Nolan was the only artist who had no clue who Vega was.  He said he wasn’t into video games so asked me for some reference pics.

Now, that doesn’t necessarily mean everyone else automatically knew Vega right away.  I suspect the other artists may have done Google image searches.  Surprisingly, I’ve gotten more confirmation requests about The Baroness than Vega.

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel

On 6/16/2020 at 10:05 PM, Benedict Judas Hel said:

Surprisingly, I’ve gotten more confirmation requests about The Baroness than Vega.

Wow!  That's legitimately shocking to me.  I would figure most any/all artists (at least U.S.-based ones) would have a pretty good familiarity with Baroness.  Vega just seems more out there, where unless you're fairly deep into vidya games, I could understand you not knowing him by name. 

On 6/26/2020 at 9:18 AM, Doc McCoy said:

Two more additions to my "Iron" Throne theme.

Cosmic Ghost Rider by Ron Lim:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1643560

LimCAF400.thumb.jpg.a0380c651edbec3c45ef09dbedbf9ca6.jpg

Wolvie of the X-Babies by Yale Stewart:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1644348

SKM_C55820062608490.thumb.jpg.12be9283d15145162ac316254ced42d4.jpg

I saw this a couple days ago and it reminded me of you...

F5672342-AB29-4508-85D5-A93C03F6160C.png