• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Benedict Judas Hel said:

He didn’t package it very well (not sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard)

Because I guess he's new to all this, right?

Jerk.

It's really nice too.

Too bad.

19 hours ago, vodou said:

Because I guess he's new to all this, right?

Jerk.

It's really nice too.

Too bad.

I am guessing its his rep who shipped it. She should know better as well. Its sad how often we see this happen. 

I use the same heavy cardboard envelops that Heritage uses along with 3 pieces of cardboard inside. Yes they cost more than sandwiching 3 priority mail boxes together. But I have yet to have a piece damaged in one of those.

1 hour ago, AnkurJ said:

I am guessing its his rep who shipped it. She should know better as well. Its sad how often we see this happen. 

I don’t think she shipped it.  I never had any contact with Arthur, only her (Renee).  When I e-mailed her about it and suggested to her that Arthur may want to package any future art better, she said she would pass it on to him.  She went on to offer me advice on “steaming” the piece to possibly minimize the crease.  Below is how the crease looked when it arrived:

2A9BFDE3-1AFF-449F-8FF7-8172F5143029.jpeg

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel

1 minute ago, Benedict Judas Hel said:

I don’t think she shipped it.  I never had any contact with Arthur, only her (Renee).  When I e-mailed her about it and suggested to her that Arthur may want to package any future art better, she said she would pass it on to him.  She went on to offer me advice on “steaming” the piece to possibly minimize the crease.  Below is how the crease looked as it arrived:

2A9BFDE3-1AFF-449F-8FF7-8172F5143029.jpeg

This sucks... I would be livid and opening a paypal case immediately. I am sorry this happened. 

7 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

This sucks... I would be livid and opening a paypal case immediately. I am sorry this happened. 

Thanks.  I told Renee other collectors would not be as forgiving as I was if they received a commissioned piece in this condition.

It does suck that the piece arrived with this gigantic crease and I am disappointed but I’m hoping that when I get around to framing this piece, my framer will be able to minimize the crease or possible even eliminate it.

Just now, Benedict Judas Hel said:

Thanks.  I told Renee other collectors would not be as forgiving as I was if they received a commissioned piece in this condition.

It does suck that the piece arrived with this gigantic crease and I am disappointed but I’m hoping that when I get around to framing this piece, my framer will be able to minimize the crease or possible even eliminate it.

I hope so too.. I just know myself. for what commissions  go for now a days (no clue what you spent) I would expect some kind of remediation by them or get my money back. 

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 2:41 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Picked up this 11x14 David Finch wolverine from Anthony’s comic art today as part of a reworked trade... really love it but may have to beg @stinkininkin to ink it for me ... lol

408A2EDD-AB87-40DF-A097-4A5655CA5376.jpeg

Great detail...very nice piece!

On 7/20/2020 at 8:37 PM, Benedict Judas Hel said:

Here is an 11” x 17” artwork by Arthur Sudyam I received today that I commissioned from Comic Art Fan’s Comic Art Live event in May:

41F642AB-7849-47B4-9229-E3EC19298570.jpeg

*Full disclosure: He didn’t package it very well (not sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard) and artwork arrived with a crease going across the top third of the art.  I love the piece and the crease brings it down a bit...

That is gorgeous-- it's a shame it was damaged, would framing it help?

8 minutes ago, AndyFish said:

That is gorgeous-- it's a shame it was damaged, would framing it help?

It definitely looks awesome.  I love horror art and combined with my 2 favorite commission subjects, it was bound to shoot up to the top of my favorites list.

I sure hope that framing will help.  I will leave it to the professionals to do the best they can.  I sure as hell know I don’t trust myself to attempt anything!

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel