• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, RBerman said:

Our own Artboy99 made me a lovely 19.75x13.5 inch recreation of Paul Smith's cover for X-Men #175.JfwdmOd.jpg.9a45b4aa580068a434e1f8ee90d19d03.jpg

Next to a regular modern comic for size comparison, and still in its protective wrapping:

Ynd8myM.thumb.jpg.674ee77caea8b924dc3148c826ed9b18.jpg

I saw this in progress.  I think he did a super job too.

On 11/5/2020 at 4:58 PM, RBerman said:

Our own Artboy99 made me a lovely 19.75x13.5 inch recreation of Paul Smith's cover for X-Men #175.JfwdmOd.jpg.9a45b4aa580068a434e1f8ee90d19d03.jpg

Next to a regular modern comic for size comparison, and still in its protective wrapping:

Ynd8myM.thumb.jpg.674ee77caea8b924dc3148c826ed9b18.jpg

175 is the first comic I ever got as a child.. that is fantastic! And now I want one... lol

I got a couple of miscellaneous commissions from Johnny Segura to help support his most recent Indiegogo campaign.  The first was Omega Red which appeared in his book:

E7BE19B2-2728-4987-92E6-3AFB8262EBA8.jpeg

And Storm on the front of the sketch comic book (which was his choice of character):

5C84A090-039A-48FD-BA88-07682C50D36F.jpeg

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel

So, Friday was our 38th Wedding Anniversary and guess what I received as a gift?

Surprise! It's comic book related art. In this case, it's another of my faux Sugar and Spike #100 themed comics. S&S never made it to issue 100, but one day DC will publish one and I will have a wonderful collection of variant covers that they can use. 🙂

In this case, the artist, Charles Paul Wilson III, launched S&S into an adventure in The Dark. In the main story, the Boogeyman captured The Boy and pulled him through his closet door into The Dark, a strange world that he controls.

Some of The Boy's bravest toys decided to pursue and free him. It has not been an easy journey and victory has not been achieved, but still they struggle.

It appears from this cover that S&S have stumbled into The Dark by way of The Boy's closet, they must be neighbors. More disturbing, they look like they may have been touched by the Boogeyman's influence. Will our kids be able to help The Boy's toys or will they fall under the influence of the Boogeyman!

You can learn more on the image:

Wilson, III, Charles Paul - Sugar and Spike 100 cover featuring The Stuff of Legend.jpg

You can see the full by clicking on the image

Mayer, Sheldon (inspired) - Faux Sugar and Spike Cover Collection.jpg

I got in a long overdue 9” x 12” Baroness commission by Canadian artist, Shane Heron.  I think the original package might have been lost in the mail (as he stated it was mailed out 2-3 months ago and the postage date on the package I received was 11/16/20) so I believe this was a replacement package:

FE6E2518-F3AF-48C3-A089-D74D8664CEDE.jpeg

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel

4 hours ago, alxjhnsn said:
So, Friday was our 38th Wedding Anniversary and guess what I received as a gift?

Surprise! It's comic book related art. In this case, it's another of my faux Sugar and Spike #100 themed comics. S&S never made it to issue 100, but one day DC will publish one and I will have a wonderful collection of variant covers that they can use. 🙂

In this case, the artist, Charles Paul Wilson III, launched S&S into an adventure in The Dark. In the main story, the Boogeyman captured The Boy and pulled him through his closet door into The Dark, a strange world that he controls.

Some of The Boy's bravest toys decided to pursue and free him. It has not been an easy journey and victory has not been achieved, but still they struggle.

It appears from this cover that S&S have stumbled into The Dark by way of The Boy's closet, they must be neighbors. More disturbing, they look like they may have been touched by the Boogeyman's influence. Will our kids be able to help The Boy's toys or will they fall under the influence of the Boogeyman!

You can learn more on the image:

Wilson, III, Charles Paul - Sugar and Spike 100 cover featuring The Stuff of Legend.jpg

You can see the full by clicking on the image

Mayer, Sheldon (inspired) - Faux Sugar and Spike Cover Collection.jpg

This one is going to be tough to top.  She might should've saved it for the 50th!  Congratulations (on both the piece and your anniversary).