• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,868 posts in this topic

I was digging in some of my comic boxes this weekend and found this piece by Tim Seeley, circa 2006, drawn on a comic backing board. I worked at a comic book store at the time, and he was scheduled to be a guest at the shop on a day I couldn't be there. My manager said I could request a free sketch from him and they'd give it to me when I returned to work, so I requested Batgirl (Cassie Cain), who is one of my favorite characters. My coworker who told Tim what to draw for me thought he'd be funny, and told him I wanted Batgirl with Hulk Hogan. He thought I'd be ticked, but joke's on him, I was a Hulkamaniac when I was a kid and bigtime into WWF, so I was even more excited when I saw the final piece!  ^^

batgirlhulk.jpg

Edited by BuraddoRun

1 hour ago, T Shen said:

A couple pieces I just picked up from a fellow collector. Loved them when he originally shared them and really appreciated the opportunity to add them to my collection. Gary Frank and Steve Epting - enjoy!

o3bslut.jpg88mtVhx.jpg

Wow! these are nice. Congrats!

Malvin

On 4/6/2021 at 7:05 PM, BuraddoRun said:

I was digging in some of my comic boxes this weekend and found this piece by Tim Seeley, circa 2006, drawn on a comic backing board. I worked at a comic book store at the time, and he was scheduled to be a guest at the shop on a day I couldn't be there. My manager said I could request a free sketch from him and they'd give it to me when I returned to work, so I requested Batgirl (Cassie Cain), who is one of my favorite characters. My coworker who told Tim what to draw for me thought he'd be funny, and told him I wanted Batgirl with Hulk Hogan. He thought I'd be ticked, but joke's on him, I was a Hulkamaniac when I was a kid and bigtime into WWF, so I was even more excited when I saw the final piece!  ^^

batgirlhulk.jpg

I love when someone tries to throw you a curveball but you take it in stride. So glad you love this. The Hulkster really is a legend. I think it turned out great.

On 4/6/2021 at 7:05 PM, BuraddoRun said:

batgirlhulk.jpg

Great story! Ever think of having Hogan sign it?

Edited by cgcsketcherz
Spelling Error

2 hours ago, Blastaar said:

Big fan of Angel Medinas run on Warlock and the Infinity Watch. Commissioned a Thanos. 

AA9F1EA7-AD7F-4A4E-B40C-273BFFCDFF4E.thumb.jpeg.7cd42213f276140233cace279eada376.jpeg

Angel does incredible work and he never cuts corners on his commissions . Super great guy . I enjoy my Spiderman pieces everyday from him . Congrats 

1 hour ago, Subby1938 said:

Angel does incredible work and he never cuts corners on his commissions . Super great guy . I enjoy my Spiderman pieces everyday from him . Congrats 

Nicest guy I have worked with on a commission, have several. Love your DPS recreation! 

8 hours ago, Bill C said:

Very cool. Are you from there?

Yes indeed! Antwerps/ Belgium isn't the worst place for comics and original art. We have the tradition of the Franco-Belge but also a lot of young artists. There are great comic shops. e.g. Mekanik https://www.instagram.com/p/CM1-9_EHKhk/   
Antwerps has some excellent museums...  e.g. the https://www.museummayervandenbergh.be/en  where you can see Mad Meg.