• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2021 at 7:33 PM, Benedict Judas Hel said:

It’s been a while since I got a commission in but the drought has finally been broken with this 12” x 14” Baroness watercolor piece by Ron Randall:

53133BEC-AAD8-48D4-87AA-4CB8CC087921.jpeg

I've noticed a bit of Baroness art on Comic Art Tracker the past few months. Do you buy existing work or just get your own? I don't mind sending you notes if I spot any (and it's good).

16 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

I've noticed a bit of Baroness art on Comic Art Tracker the past few months. Do you buy existing work or just get your own? I don't mind sending you notes if I spot any (and it's good).

I usually just get my own commissions but I don’t mind checking out others if they are excellent.  I appreciate the extra look out.  Thank you very much!

On 4/28/2021 at 11:30 AM, Unstoppablejayd said:

A couple unpublished pieces I picked up recently 

Juggernaut and Cap by Lee Weeks- I love Lee’s work and it is not cheap so when someone offered this as part of a trade I was happy to add it!

Jean Grey by the OTHER Granov —- Dijana Granov. Adi’s sister... someone needs to get this woman some work doing marvel covers... Wow

Love that Lee Weeks Cap v Jugg - definitely would be very difficult to obtain these days.

On 4/18/2021 at 7:10 AM, fenip said:

Yes indeed! Antwerps/ Belgium isn't the worst place for comics and original art. We have the tradition of the Franco-Belge but also a lot of young artists. There are great comic shops. e.g. Mekanik https://www.instagram.com/p/CM1-9_EHKhk/   
Antwerps has some excellent museums...  e.g. the https://www.museummayervandenbergh.be/en  where you can see Mad Meg.   

I'm in Amsterdam much of the time...

24 minutes ago, alexgross.com said:

well, this is a little bit different since this is a commission that i painted for someone, but i thought this group might appreciate it. 

it's a recreation of alex schomburg's SUB-MARINER 18 cover. it's oil on canvas, 37 x 24 inches. I tried to keep it super faithful to the original drawing, other than revising the sharks and losing the Angel inset star thing. Color-wise, i tried to make it a bit more interesting/realistic and let subby be more of the focus. 

i'm happy with how it came out, and plan to do another one for the same client later this year. here's my piece as well as an image of the original cover by the great Alex Schomburg. 

Sub-Mariner-18-recreation.jpg

submariner-18-cover-original.jpg

Nice work!

On 4/29/2021 at 12:10 PM, Brian Peck said:

Latest iPod commission by Tom Derenick

Zatanna is listening to Abracadabra by The Steve Miller Band

178739649_10159510274198960_2678132283182511866_n.jpg

Could you repost this? (Not showing  for me). 

This iPod theme is a great idea, and I also happened to commission Zatanna from Tom recently too.

Jim Calafiore has taken to doing "warm-up" illustrations consisting of bookmarks of characters at someone's request. They are $100 each, and $10 for shipping (he will also have ready-made ones at the Garden State Comic Fest (in 2 weeks). This is one he did for me of the Phantom Stranger:

JimCaliforeBookmarkdupactual.thumb.jpg.a9ea57cebaa47df52df13624dc97291e.jpg

If you are interested, he can be found on Facebook. Very easy to deal with. He also did a really terrific Gumby and Pokey (which I may get if it is still available at the show, and I never even liked Gumby and Pokey).

Edited by Rick2you2