• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,868 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

Phil Hester is an underrated talent if ever there was one.
I still am very fond of his creator owned book the Wretch from Caliber (and others) in the 90s.

What a keen looking green guy.
(I'm assuming he's green, anyway)

Thank you and I couldn't agree more, Phil is way underrated indeed. His commission process was really easy (super nice guy and very quick/responsive) and pricing was very affordable -> I would highly recommend a commission if anyone is considering. 

And yes, this is based off the well known Hulk poster from the 80's which was green (although Tim Sale's take looks to be his Gray Hulk from the mini series he did). 

Got around to scan and upload everything I brought home from the US & SDCC in July on CAF. Here are some thumbnails:

59908c0024750_Don_Rosa_Yukon_Scrooge_small1.jpg.82db7173909f6f60fa547de95bfe8459.jpg

Don Rosa mimicked the facial expression of the Yukon Scrooge from the cover art of his final duck story,  "The Prisoner of White Agony Creek".

59908d1d538ff_disdainful_terry1.jpg.d431021b3b766170604ff8a11e7ee4ac.jpg

Jaime Hernandez' $40 headshots are great value for money. This is Terry looking disdainful.

59908f3cdd07c_naughty_nova_II1.jpg.d8e837c7c22115daf0e32379875e3f6f.jpg

Joe Staton humored me when I wanted to commission "a naughty Nova Kane with a come hither look". Later Fernando Ruiz agreed to work his copic marker magic on it. Joe was very pleased with the result when I showed it to him.

Click on the pictures to see larger (and uncensored) versions in my CAF gallery.

Attached was a gift to me from Darick Robertson.

Here's the story....

So, back in 2001, I started chatting with Darick on AIM.  It was good, typical BS about comics and Transmet.  Around that time, I saw an incredible gift that he gave Garth Ennis, a birthday (I think) card featuring Jesse and Spider Jerusalem drinking.  My wish was to have a similar drawing of Spider and Cassidy.  

I asked him for it, and he said that I'd have to wait until commission time came around.  

So, I waited and waited (for what seemed like years, but it was really weeks--I was only 21).  Finally, he mentioned at one point that he wanted to see Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker unedited.  There was a big deal about it being pulled / recut because of violence.  I had a screener and offered to make him a copy.  He told me that he'd do my sketch for a trade.  

Well, I sent my book off to him in August 2001--to NYC.  Then, the unthinkable happened on Sept 11.  I realized that New Yorkers' lives were turned upside down, so I really didn't want to contact him.  It took months, but my book made it back to me.  Complete with the attached drawing and about six other pieces from friends of his (Amanda Conner is the coolest, I think)....

I used to have two Preacher pages that I sold a long time ago.  I'm sad that this is my only Dillon left, but I'll always cherish it.

Anyhow.  Enjoy!

36462_110207519027988_1472814_n.jpg

Had a bit of dry spell but picked these up at Terrificon in CT Saturday.

Neal Adams classic Wonder Woman

36697442995_9fb8ac2b16_b.jpg12ww by Mike Parker, on Flickr

Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez Superman. His sketch list was full and I wasn;t returning Saturday but he had this in his art books to sell.

36697443805_3699c5f687_b.jpg11jlgsupe by Mike Parker, on Flickr

P'Gell has a little chat with the Spirit

At Baltimore 2015, John was a guest of the show. He contributed a piece to the exhibit "75 Spirited Years: Will Eisner & The Spirit" at Geppi’s Entertainment Museum which was running during the show. I loved the piece and that inspired me to commission this from him. I also bought the piece from the exhibit (posted in this gallery).  Really thrilled with the finished product.
Sorry no iPod in this, P'Gell confiscated it. She wanted The Spirit's full attention with no distractions.

Large image is in my CAF. http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1417116

P'Gel_Spirit_chat.jpg

Edited by Brian Peck

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:50 PM, AtlasFan said:

A trio of additions to my collection of commissions for the original Suicide Squad - all by Jeff Slemons

Terror on the Dark Side of the Moon!

CVLmYVXC_0801171854381gpadd.jpg

The Final Fate of the Losers!

eBhlvLY4_0711160855391gpadd.jpg

Terror Under the Sea!

TdNafcEyC_0211161349421gpadd.jpg

These are amazing! The level of detail is like many golden age illustrators. Congrats!

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:50 PM, AtlasFan said:

19 hours ago, BrianR said:

I have a thing for old commissions.  I picked up this one on Heritage.  Manthing  looks like a muppet  but I think its a great piece  regardless.

20953818_10210311929094802_4040486038062358477_n.jpg

Look at that tongue!!! This is great!

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:00 PM, Canadiancomics said:

Thought I would show off a project I'm working on through this thread. As you might already know by looking at it, I'm recreating the Amazing Spider-Man 100 cover and am having a different artist do a different character on it. Here is a list of the artists and characters I have so far which I obtained from Fan Expo Canada yesterday;

Mike Zeck- The Punisher 

Ed Mcguinness- Mysterio

Erik Larsen- Doc Ock

Adi Granov- Venom

Joe Jusko- Electro

Adam Hughes- Gwen Stacy

Humberto Ramos- Green Goblin

Really pleased with how they all turned out so far, cant believe I got Hughes on it! I only see him do side profiles in pen now a days. As soon as I walked into the convention Ramos'es list was full but he was kind enough to do a Green Goblin for me at the end of the con ( was hoping he could do the full body Spidey but I'll get Bagley to do it now). Zeck was interested in the project and asked to bring it back to his booth so he could see it, he ended up touching up and darkening his Punisher for free. Hoping to finish the project before 2019. 

t0I9Jg4S_0109171046241gpadd.jpeg.b41c6a94936fc0af3de6481100e106b6.jpeg

wonderful -- can 't wait to watch this develop