• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Im big on commissions, in fact, that has pretty much taken over my whole collecting focus. I hardly buy published work any more. Also, 2011 is all about expanding my commission collection. Not just little sketches, but full blown commissions, so I figured I would start a thread and catalogue what I acquire in 2011. I invite everyone to do the same. Hopefully we can make this the official commission collecting thread.

Post direct images if you can, then link to your CAF if you like.

I'll start this off with a commission I just received today. Dustin Nguyen ink washed re-imagining of the classic Amazing Spider-man #194 cover, the first appearance of the Black Cat.

Hope you like! I am really looking forward to what others are able to get during the year.

NguyenBC.jpg

And here it is in my CAF

Here is a recent piece I commissioned from Neil Vokes. Its based on the cover of Tales of Suspense #32. The Original Suicide Squad have been shrunk down to the size of bugs and are being terrorized by some nasty bees -- all this while only a few yards away, a typical 50's family is having a summer BBQ...

SuicideSquadBeeBBQTOS32.jpg

Here is a recent piece I commissioned from Neil Vokes. Its based on the cover of Tales of Suspense #32. The Original Suicide Squad have been shrunk down to the size of bugs and are being terrorized by some nasty bees -- all this while only a few yards away, a typical 50's family is having a summer BBQ...

SuicideSquadBeeBBQTOS32.jpg

This is awesome! Great concept. Really cool stuff so far! I don't know about everyone else, but I got a few commissions in the works and cant wait till they get done!

This is awesome! Great concept. Really cool stuff so far! I don't know about everyone else, but I got a few commissions in the works and cant wait till they get done!

Thanks, here is another Suicide Squad commission -- the Squad +1 are battleing a "Menace"....

Suicide_Squad_RonFerdinand.jpg

A great piece by DENNIS Sunday artist Ron Ferdinand.

Thanks, here is another Suicide Squad commission -- the Squad +1 are battleing a "Menace"....

too cute!

Got this commission from Brandon Peterson a few years ago. His announcement went out and I think I responded in 10 minutes.. figured I could ask forgiveness from my wife

Spidey.jpg

Here is another commission I got from Sara Richard last year. I know it is on a pair of blank covers but I still say it counts

S_Richard_MM_Sketch.jpg

Suicide_Squad_RonFerdinand.jpg

2u40tv7.jpg

I never really thought of Master Sergeant Ernie Bilko (Phil Silvers) as being the heroic type . . .

Oh my god!!!! I just got a late bday present from my fiancé that knocked my socks off! It is something I have wanted forever. I can't believe she pulled this off. It's a commission from my favorite artist! I will post it in about thirty minutes when I get home. I am absolutely shocked!

Sweet thread! Here's one of two commissions I have from the super talented Charles Paul Wilson III, artist on Stuff of Legend... A really great guy and right on time!

Jester_and_Harmony_commission_by_cpwilsoniii.jpg

And number 2... A recreation of a 70's soft cover version of Dandelion Wine...

DSCN0750.jpg

Dan

I don't often buy commissions - and I didn't commission this one personally - but this one has found its way into my collection and I think it's just brilliant. Comolo.

<a  href=http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5180/5440074197_ec445cf60f_b.jpg' alt='5440074197_ec445cf60f_b.jpg'>

Edited by LB Jefferies

Sweet thread! Here's one of two commissions I have from the super talented Charles Paul Wilson III, artist on Stuff of Legend... A really great guy and right on time!

Jester_and_Harmony_commission_by_cpwilsoniii.jpg

Dan

Absolutely love that one Dan. I'd have that one framed and hanging proudly on my wall...