• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

This turned out amazing . I know he’s my rival aquatic hero but congrats on this 

Thank you. Arriving this week. My only regret is I did ask him to personalize it for me...worried it may take away from it, haven't seen it with the "best wishes" yet. 

Edited by Blastaar

On the train home after a very interesting day at NYCC. More to come but here’s some of what I got did today. Apologies for the Amtrak lighting. PS Lee Weeks may have hit it out of the park, and a really nice guy to boot. PLUS, I MET OFF WHITE MIKE! 

B4D9DC7C-7AA6-4CF1-A161-4E3CEE7E63F5.jpeg

Edited by dichotomy

6 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

Nice sketch there. I got a blank 1000 I plan to start getting Jame on front and back at next year's cons I go too. Still debating how many characters per side. Plus do I have it open or graph out. I plan to do heroes on cover villains on back.

I had a plan but it quickly fell apart. Ideally I wanted a Stan Lee on the front and a Kirby on the back, and then surrounded by heads - but this is nice. Good luck with yours. I like the concept. 

51 minutes ago, dichotomy said:

On the train home after a very interesting day at NYCC. More to come but here’s some of what I got did today. Apologies for the Amtrak lighting. PS Lee Weeks may have hit it out of the park, and a really nice guy to boot. PLUS, I MET OFF WHITE MIKE! 

B4D9DC7C-7AA6-4CF1-A161-4E3CEE7E63F5.jpeg

Nice. Who did the Hulk?

On 2/12/2011 at 12:17 PM, easyt63 said:

This is awesome! Great concept. Really cool stuff so far! I don't know about everyone else, but I got a few commissions in the works and cant wait till they get done!

Why are they all cloudy if posted from photobucket?

44 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

When I was at the NY Comicon on Thursday, I saw Colleen Doran. She had done the following female Phantom Stranger for me a few years ago, and had recently tweeted it out. Apparently, she got over 2,000 likes for it, including one from Neil Gaiman.

32CollenDoran.thumb.jpg.0f04a9d2bd37dda70bf1db08dcf5ebc9.jpg

Colleen is Amazing. Did you see any of the commissions she did for NY? Incredible stuff. I also picked up a page from Snow Glass Apple. 

4 hours ago, dichotomy said:

Colleen is Amazing. Did you see any of the commissions she did for NY? Incredible stuff. I also picked up a page from Snow Glass Apple. 

Her work is terrific. I also looked at some other pages she has for sale. One interesting aspect of her work is that she can create art in a wide variety of different styles. I had been thinking of asking her to do a 1 person jam consisting of 5 different Phantom Strangers, all in different styles (e.g., standard heroic, anime, “Sienkewicz”, cartoon, “Wrightson”). She could,too.

Some nice stuff guys. Ya for my jam. I not starting it to probably first show I go to next year in april. For my marvel 1000 blank. I still trying to figure out do I want characters open or boxed out. If boxed out how many. I have a rough idea on heroes and villains I plan to get. Just would like to get idea fleshed out. As I have many months to go.

On 10/4/2019 at 2:56 PM, Webhead2018 said:

Some nice stuff guys. Ya for my jam. I not starting it to probably first show I go to next year in april. For my marvel 1000 blank. I still trying to figure out do I want characters open or boxed out. If boxed out how many. I have a rough idea on heroes and villains I plan to get. Just would like to get idea fleshed out. As I have many months to go.

Boxing adds space which could otherwise be used by characters (or drawing larger ones).

On 10/4/2019 at 5:10 AM, Subby1938 said:

Just finished @ NYCC 2019 by Esad Ribic

hommage to cover of Fantastic Four # 6 

1st Marvel Villain team up

Dr. Doom & Namor the Submariner

8A5361EC-3C05-493E-BD58-D8706B647217.jpeg

This is fantastic.. I was thinking about getting a Magneto from him.. but some of his commissions I love, others not so much.