• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

Joëlle Jones is auctioning off one cover quality commission on eBay. It has been several years since her commission list had any open slots at all (writing and drawing DC:s Catwoman book don't leave her any time for that) so it will be very interesting to see how high it will go before it ends on Monday. The asking price for her covers (when they are available) is usually around 0,5-3K (No Catwoman or Lady Killer covers). A published cover can't be compared to a commission though since its resale value most of the time is much higher. (To my knowledge none of her Catwoman covers has been offered for sale, so it is possible that this commission opportunity is affected by that.)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123896729582?_trksid=p2471758.m4703

6 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

When was this done ? Silvestri X men was my fav era during late 80s

Commissioned at FanExpo Boston this year. Part of a meet and greet package. Marc was awesome, really gave us a lot of time and spoke openly about everything, including the upcoming Batman/Joker mini. 

4 hours ago, dichotomy said:

Commissioned at FanExpo Boston this year. Part of a meet and greet package. Marc was awesome, really gave us a lot of time and spoke openly about everything, including the upcoming Batman/Joker mini. 

Not to discuss specifics on sketch/commission pricing but is he the type of artist at a con that enjoys giving back if you are there at the right time or is he priced as expected for an A lister?

1 hour ago, Blastaar said:

Not to discuss specifics on sketch/commission pricing but is he the type of artist at a con that enjoys giving back if you are there at the right time or is he priced as expected for an A lister?

I think it was priced just right. A fraction of Jim Lee :nyah:, but something I still had to think twice about (the busts were more reasonable = Mignola small sketch). I think if he didn't have reps then everyone would suffer, because he was a really, really nice guy. He takes his time when he's interacting with fans and there were a lot of people who wanted to see him and get signatures etc, so I think this is the best option. Someone else mentioned that he takes a list before SDCC - I think that would yield a great commission if you were able to communicate with him directly, as opposed to this in which I had to list my character on a form online without discussing with the artist. I saw a Talia commission the other day that knocked my socks off. Like any artist, if they're into the subject matter, you're gonna get gold. 

At the recent Comic Con Stockholm I bribed my favorite comic creators properly with donuts, swedish chocolate and comic related beer (smuggled in disguised in a gift wrapped box) before I slammed down my stack of comics in front of them to sign. Jimmy Palmiotti was so inspired that he offered to sketch something right on the spot and I asked for his own creation, Painkiller Jane:

IMG_7314_sm.jpg.15d2a0a88db29f7aaf976a051174704e.jpg

Slightly larger scan in my CAF gallery.

Edited by Caltex98
-