• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man Enthusiasts Thread!

117 posts in this topic

I did a search and also scoured the past several pages of the Silver Age room and didn't see anything devoted to old Shell Head. While there is the TOS thread, of course, that isn't exclusively Iron Man nor does it incorporate the "Invincible" title. By leaving the title more vague we can use this forum to discuss the films, cartoons, guest appearances, or anything else IM-related.

While I've got a nearly complete mostly raw set with some CGC'd books thrown in for flavor, most are not scanned in currently. Here is my latest pickup, and I'd love to see your gems too!

RADB77272010113_124821.jpg

Now THIS is a thread i can participate in! lol

I have A LOT of graded early Iron Mans even after the ones i've sold in the last few weeks. I have to run right now to go to my daughters gymnastics meet but i'll post them all later.

For now, here is my "keeper" #1

953.jpg

Thank you!

I also had a 9.0 that I traded to tortoise and I still have a old label 8.5 that I tuned down a few offers on. I'm going to resub it and pray for a 9.0.

I also have 2 raws in about 8.0-8.5 range.

I'll be posting in here later when I'm back at my computer. Cool thread!

I already have the full TOS 39-99 run slabbed...next is completing my mostly raw IM run 1-300. I'm about 1/3 of the way done. I picked up an IM 5 9.0 recently and a 9.4 IM 14 (love that cover)

I was all about Spidey as a kid but I am into IM the past few years.

I was all about Spidey as a kid but I am into IM the past few years.

I'm pretty much the same way. I am still all about Spidey as my main collection, then probably pre-hero Marvels as my second favorites, but IM is a very strong third focus of my collecting.

I already have the full TOS 39-99 run slabbed...next is completing my mostly raw IM run 1-300. I'm about 1/3 of the way done.

I'm quite far from complete on TOS, but my budget is only allowing me to go so fast! I am 90% complete on the full "Invincible" run, raw and slabbed combined, and I am only collecting the original run up to #332. As a Marvel collector that started in the '80's I have a problem buying anything past the point where Marvel stopped the original numbering on their long-running titles like ASM and IM and started over with #1 (only to revert to the orignal numbering when it suited them).

I sold a few HG early Iron Mans in my last couple sales thread and have A LOT of raws 1-9 but here are my slabbed early SA Iron Mans (thumbs u

The #1 i posted earlier

953.jpg

i1.jpg

i3.jpg

i41.jpg

i4.jpg

i81.jpg

i8.jpg

i91.jpg

And the PRIDE AND JOY of my Iron Man collection. There are a grand total of 5 9.8 Iron Man #9's that have been slabbed. I have TWO of them and both are white pages as well! :banana:

i92.jpg

i9.jpg

Yeah, i've been considering resubmitting my 9.6 #3 hoping for a 9.8 since it is an old label and looks damn nice. It definitely has a chance but less than 50/50 for sure. One of these days, i'll probably give it a try.

Ironman has always been my favorite character. My very first book I bought, from a friend, was #77 (still have it, at best it probably is a 7.0 on a good day). Ironman #3 was my very first SA Marvel. Bought for $5 back in 1978. Still have it also. One of these days I might have it graded, but, probably won't grade as high as any in this thread. I'll do it just for sentimental reasons.

Thank you!

That one is my keeper since its a little better centered than the other 9.8. I would have sold both 9.8's and kept the 9.6 but I'm having a hard enough time finding someone to buy one much less both.

There's only been 2 sales of a 9.8 about 5 years ago, both for well over 2K. I've had a BUNCH of offers in the 1000-1500 range since I 1st posted these a few weeks ago but Im NOT going to give these away for that far below the previous sales. Before I do that, I would just keep one and give the other to my son.

After I get the kids to bed, I'll post the few TOS slabs that I have.