• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gerry Ross - One Million Comics
1 1

182 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

While it is very tempting to reply to his "lawyer" advice with the advice from your own "lawyer" that you should tell 1 million people about his deceitful practices it is best to just get your refund and move on. DO tell those you know about the experience.

One of my friend actually said the same thing for that response haha. But yeah I figured I should move on and share my experience, which I'm more than happy to share with everyone.

On 2/14/2011 at 10:13 AM, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Pay special attention at around 4:11... Made me laugh....

All local news reports of comic shop owners/collectors suck. I was once asked to talk about the Death Of Superman issue (92?) and Golden Apple when I was in one day. The obese owner said I could "get to be on tv."

When some one tells you that "you'll be on tv" as some kinda rewards. Say no and ignore them from that point on.

When I was just getting into collecting Gerry's store happened to be 5 minutes by bike lol from my house so I would frequent his store almost weekly.

I vividly remember his John Byrne signing at his store.

He did give me one tip which I decided to act on. He suggested that I start buying 50 copies of ASM each month and start with 300. I did this for about a year and I made out very well over the years unloading these books.

I did buy a big collection of ASMs from him and Bob - over 100 books - and only got stung on 3 books which had CT. Ironically I put this book up on eBay and he ended up being the buyer.

2 hours ago, BigDaddy1 said:

Thats pretty cool, I've actually never known or talked to someone who collects those stamps! And that's surprising we both looked at the same comic!

As for Gerry, I found him to be very dishonest. I didn't have any way to contact him so I had to contact Niagara Falls Comic Con to get his contact info. I will say one thing I did mention in the email was that he may not be honest and may have ruined other people's experience if they bought from him (this was all before I actually knew about his reputation, funny enough). Gerry was not happy about that at all when he contacted me.

The fact that he was told about the missing stamp and he did NOT inform me or anyone else is surprising, and horrible. It tells me he doesn't care at all about future buyers, and that he is not honest as well. When I told him about the comic and sent him the pics, he said one of his employees must've missed the cut and writing...

How does someone miss a cutout and writing in a comic when grading a comic??

By grading the book in the bag...

Which is probably pretty common for dealers pricing big collections

One other thing when buying - count those darn pages mister! 

1 hour ago, romanheart said:

At one of the last cons I went to, his booth was doing good business. I think they were slashing everything at 50% off. When you hit the price point low enough for your customer, and I gather his customers generally give in on the quality of their books, then he can still survive.

I stayed away given the company's reputation. 

He was set up across from me in winnipeg with the same 50 off deal, I looked at his wall books but that’s as far as it went. He did seem to be doing well

2 hours ago, romanheart said:

At one of the last cons I went to, his booth was doing good business. I think they were slashing everything at 50% off. When you hit the price point low enough for your customer, and I gather his customers generally give in on the quality of their books, then he can still survive.

I stayed away given the company's reputation. 

Was that Gerry or George/Comicage?

2 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

I'm apparently on the wrong side of the room.

You likely missed 3/4 of his wall falling over the first time at the new location.  Comments from others included:

-Don't worry he'll colour touch them back up to the advertised grade

-Couldn't happen to a nicer guy