• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gerry Ross - One Million Comics
1 1

182 posts in this topic

On 10/19/2020 at 5:27 PM, Jimmy Linguini said:

A new account and this is your first post.

I just want to know "why now?"

Didn't someone verify that he was a nurse in the ER or something? I know the story changes every so often.

Sorry for taking my time to answer. What can i say..busy. Well yes this will be my 3 rd post and i decided to make my first post about Gerry after i started reading about him and meeting one of his old pals who he got the best of. Sadly i met his old pal after i had dealt with Gerry. Anyway, i came to know a lot about him. To answer the question..is this guy a Dr or nurse..really can't say. He is very secretive. He drives a run down van and likes meet ups in open locations or Tim Hortons after carefully scoping you out. As i said, i doubt a Real Doc who makes 300k at least would drive around buying and selling comics. Funny thing is his availability..does not look congruent  to his profession or the so called distance he covers some times to come meet you..unless it is all a lie. He tells you he is in Toronto but he will make the trip to Montreal to sell one comic . He does not do shipping by post   

Edited by Anubisfiend

Man I wish I'd found this a week ago, before I bought a comic from Gerry at Toronto comicon. Said it was NM 9.4 (didn't believe that for a second, paid an 8.0 price though) - now I think it's more like 6.5 to a 7.0 on a good day. To be fair he did give me the opportunity to review the book, and I'm still learning and it's a small price to pay for a life lesson. At least my longer visual check at home and the black light test didn't reveal any concerns about restoration or colour touch or trimming so I'm gonna say I dodged a bullet there... at least until CGC tells me otherwise hahah. I let him know later but he doesn't seem to have any interest in keeping me as a customer (even a bad restaurant will comp a dessert) - but as someone said that the business model seems to be keep finding a steady stream of new customers, as there will be little to no repeat business.