• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gerry Ross - One Million Comics
1 1

182 posts in this topic

I argued with someone once that Gen13 #1 didn't have 13 variants.

I can see this making someone's signature line.

More like a custom title.

I've been disbarred. :(

Better to have had a custom title and lost it than to have never had one at all. :preach:

:grin:

Pay special attention at around 4:11... Made me laugh....

yep that's the same whiny girly voice that i heard on the other end asking about a return on a over graded book, and the same voice i heard when he said he never rec'd the book when i was a teen.
I can picture him using the pity play strategy very successfully, time and time again. :(

are the stores downtown montreal and the one on jean-talon/pie ix affiliated with him or just in name?

I don't think anyone is affiliated with him... The stores are no longer franchises as pointed out earlier in the thread. In fact I don't even think Ross is legally attached to the name 1,000,000 Comix anymore if I understand correctly....

Edited by voorhees

Once,at a show,he made another dealer say

"I can't stand next to you if you are going to admit to stuff like that"

and then run off,not wanting to be affiliated with him.

True story.

When I was a young collector he sold me a ASM 34 that looked great

from the front.I should have checked the back as there was a two inch

piece missing from the bottom left corner.He refused to refund,but the

fellow in the booth next to us made him.I had spent most of my days $$ on that comic.I was 12 maybe?I remember he did have

some incredible books on his wall.Still have a few bags with his sticker on them.

No comics in them,I am just a hoarder.

Once,at a show,he made another dealer say

"I can't stand next to you if you are going to admit to stuff like that"

and then run off,not wanting to be affiliated with him.

True story.

When I was a young collector he sold me a ASM 34 that looked great

from the front.I should have checked the back as there was a two inch

piece missing from the bottom left corner.He refused to refund,but the

fellow in the booth next to us made him.I had spent most of my days $$ on that comic.I was 12 maybe?I remember he did have

some incredible books on his wall.Still have a few bags with his sticker on them.

No comics in them,I am just a hoarder.

What a !

Came across Gerry Ross at Niagara Falls Comic Con in June 2018, bought an ASM #136 from him. He said it was in Fine condition.

He couldn't have been more wrong!

A couple days after purchasing it, I noticed writing inside the comic and the stamp cut out, affecting the story. I had never felt so lied to in my time of collecting comics! Told the people who ran the comic con about my purchase, who then told Gerry, and Gerry offered to refund me and give a better copy of the ASM #136.

Took 3 months for him to refund through PayPal, and has yet to replace me with a better copy of the comic. He keeps either saying "it will be sent out", or doesn't keep to his word of when it will be sent out. I only wish I came across this post sooner, I would not recommend any business with the man whatsoever.

cover of purchased Amazing Spider-Man #136.jpeg

cut-out on page.jpeg

writing on page.jpeg

On 1/9/2019 at 6:55 PM, BigDaddy1 said:

Came across Gerry Ross at Niagara Falls Comic Con in June 2018, bought an ASM #136 from him. He said it was in Fine condition.

He couldn't have been more wrong!

A couple days after purchasing it, I noticed writing inside the comic and the stamp cut out, affecting the story. I had never felt so lied to in my time of collecting comics! Told the people who ran the comic con about my purchase, who then told Gerry, and Gerry offered to refund me and give a better copy of the ASM #136.

Took 3 months for him to refund through PayPal, and has yet to replace me with a better copy of the comic. He keeps either saying "it will be sent out", or doesn't keep to his word of when it will be sent out. I only wish I came across this post sooner, I would not recommend any business with the man whatsoever.

cover of purchased Amazing Spider-Man #136.jpeg

cut-out on page.jpeg

writing on page.jpeg

even the puzzle is incomplete

Given how many decades he's been selling for, how many decades of experience he has, there's no real justification for amateur, incompetent grading which is that bad, at that price point.