• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *FINAL RANKING*

116 posts in this topic

Congrats to He11blazer the new Champion! You did some solid grading all the way through!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

My hat goes off to all of the contestants. The veterans and the rookies. It was a long journey and you stuck it out.

And again as always big kudos to Andy, Joey, Shin and Doc! This was a true Nik grading contest, you guys made it as much fun as fun as Nik did in my first contest here years ago! Thank you for all of the hard work you put in.

A shoutout to our hosts of this forum CGC for their grading and the use of this forum.

And lastly, "Thank You Nik" I'm not sure if there were grading contests here before you started yours, but you took the contest and made it a truely special event. These "Fantastic Four" stepped up and brought back this contest and made it feel like you were still with us. I hoped you enjoyed every minute of this contest.

Thank You all!

Congrats to He11blazer the new Champion! You did some solid grading all the way through!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

My hat goes off to all of the contestants. The veterans and the rookies. It was a long journey and you stuck it out.

And again as always big kudos to Andy, Joey, Shin and Doc! This was a true Nik grading contest, you guys made it as much fun as fun as Nik did in my first contest here years ago! Thank you for all of the hard work you put in.

A shoutout to our hosts of this forum CGC for their grading and the use of this forum.

And lastly, "Thank You Nik" I'm not sure if there were grading contests here before you started yours, but you took the contest and made it a truely special event. These "Fantastic Four" stepped up and brought back this contest and made it feel like you were still with us. I hoped you enjoyed every minute of this contest.

Thank You all!

cool post! It's V-Day so I'll be back later for a more complete post... :headbang:

Thank You all!

+1 Well said. :applause:

I walk away from my first contest in the stupendous ranking of 102!

2 bulls eyes, 14 +/-, and a whole lot of undergrading accompanied by a whole lot of mocking by the moderators.

Thanks guys for this awesome experience. (worship)

P.s. Don't fear fellow members, I only buy books :eek:

Here is a quote I found from Ze-Man from a contest held a few years ago. I think this might be the first time the word "Bump" was used for books from "Nikos"

Touche Nikos.. touche indeed.

Reminds me of Vizzini, from The Princess Bride.

"Well.. since we all know Nikos gets favorable grades from CGC.. we better bump up our guess 1 grade..

But he might have bought this book slabbed already.. so clearly we cannot upgrade our guess to account for the Nikos factor.

Nikos knows that..so perhaps this book really is higher then we are led to believe.

Now, a clever man would grade the slab as he sees it, because Nikos would know that only a great fool would grade a CGC book otherwise.. . We are not great fools, so we can clearly grade the book as it appears in front of us. But Nikos must have known we are not a great fools, he would have counted on it, so I can clearly not grade the book as it appears in front of me.

And since miswraps, and soiling are clearly still a grey area when it comes to guessing how CGC might downgrade for it.. it is clear that Nikos would not offer me books to grade that he knows were easy to peg.. so there is NO way I can just grade the book as I see it in front of me.. since Nikos cannot be trusted to offer slabs that are what they appear. Nor can I know for sure if Nikos bought the book slabbed, or submitted it himself, with a $100 tip.

You only think we guessed wrong !!!!!...- that's what's so funny. We switched our grades when your back was turned. Ha-ha, you fool. You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never buy a comic book from Hammer", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never enter a grading contest held by Nikos, when *your grading reputation* is on the line.". Hahahahahah.

A HHAAHAHAAAAhhaa

croak..

Ze-

After my first year I learned not to give it what I thought the book graded, but what CGC graded the book. I also realized, Nik didn't send any old cr@p in, he had an unbelievable eye when it came to books. Yes he sent in some lower grades for the contest, but even those weren't that bad.

Thanks to all who brought on the contest - it was a lot of fun! :applause: Congrats to He11blazer! (worship)

He is the champion

He is the champion

No time for misgradin'

Because he is the champion

Of the CGC world

--DT, 112th place "winner"

Uh... #103. :gossip:

If we got rid of the first 8 rounds (which I didnt play because of not knowing it was going on) I would have been 14th! :grin: Thanks for that info Shin! :headbang:

If we got rid of 102 other contestants, I would be #1! :wishluck:

Congrats to He11blazer! :applause: Well done!! (worship)

toro still kicks butt. Nice placement, Ernie. (thumbs u

Many thanks to the organizers and the men behind the scenes. Nik would be proud.

Andy

Congratulations He11blazer!

This was a tough but fun contest... I'm happy with my top 50% and I'll certainly try to break into a higher category if there's another contest.

And thanks to CGC and the contest moderators for a great job! kimouss.gif