• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

I've given up on Ready Player One, and started on 'Previously On X-Men'. This book tells the history of the 1992 X-Men Animated Series, all the behind-the-scenes stuff, and how the show came to be. It's a great read so far. 

I'm reading a book now that was recommended by one of my best boardie buds ...... It's funny how close one can become to people that we've never even been in the same State with. Anyway, the title is "The Shadow Of The Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon .....it's a real page turner so far. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

"Charcoal Joe" by Walter Mosley.  The latest of the Easy Rawlins detective mysteries, it's once again set in Los Angeles in the late 1960s, and Mosley's take on the minority experience at that time is always interesting to me.  Good plot so far, too, weaving several storylines of cases and personal travails seamlessly, as Mosley does so enjoyably.

Edited by namisgr

7 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

the title is "The Shadow Of The Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon .....it's a real page turner so far

It's good 'til the end. Enjoy!

I am going back to the Quarry series by Max Allan Collins. Planning to reading them in chronologically order of the stories rather than publication dates. Started The First Quarry. Always fun reads.

On 10/31/2017 at 11:36 AM, Grails said:

I just wiped my Kindle Voyage back to factory settings. Upgrading to the new Oasis 2 (thank God I didn't buy the first Oasis).  Price is ridiculous but this is the Kindle I've always wanted.  7 inch screen, audiobooks via Bluetooth and finally waterproof.  Also 32 GB of storage which may seem like overkill but I welcome it.

Main complaints in current reviews are of course price and lack of a headphone jack and I'm completely ok with both since I've gone wireless last year and can never go back. I never get excited for device launches but man I can't wait to get this.  Will load my entire library back on and I think I'll christen it with the Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide.  Been a few years since I've read it.

IMG_0013.JPG

I bought the Amazon Paperwhite a couple of months ago and like how simple and easy it is to use.  I even paid the extra $20 to have all of the ads permanently removed from the device.  Unfortunately, like the iPad and Nook, it gives me dizziness and headaches; even though the backlights have been moved to the front.  If I read after 4 PM on the Paperwhite, I'm up all night and can't go back to sleep.  I don't have any problems with the physical media format.

9 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I'm reading a book now that was recommended by one of my best boardie buds ...... It's funny how close one can become to people that we've never even been in the same State with. Anyway, the title is "The Shadow Of The Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon .....it's a real page turner so far. GOD BLESS....

I have a feeling that this boardie's initial might N and L? He recommended it to me as well. Outstanding book!

12 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

I just started "Crimson Shore" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Childs. Another entry in the "Agent Pendergast" series which has been excellent.

I love those..... they released a new installment in the series in January.... I haven't seen it at the Library yet ..... GOD BLESS....

31 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I love those..... they released a new installment in the series in January.... I haven't seen it at the Library yet ..... GOD BLESS....

Yeah, it's great stuff. They keep coming up with outstanding plots and characters. It's still fresh after a dozen or more books.

3 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

Yeah, it's great stuff. They keep coming up with outstanding plots and characters. It's still fresh after a dozen or more books.

The Gideon Crew stuff is awesome as well..... just finished "Beyond The Ice Limit" in that series. GOD BLESS...

3 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

The Gideon Crew stuff is awesome as well..... just finished "Beyond The Ice Limit" in that series. GOD BLESS...

I can't wait to read that. I've only finished Book 1 of the GC series (yeah, it's excellent) so I have to wait to see what happens. The Ice Limit was a great novel. And Thunderhead, Riptide, etc, etc. We could go on and on.....