• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

I've been indulging in Audible books. The performances can really enhance the book 'reading' experience with spot-on voices for each character and great comic timing. I would HIGHLY recommend listening to these book performances if the subject matter interests you:

Outland.jpg

Red White and Royal Blue.jpg

Off To Be the Wizard.jpg

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm reading the D.D. Warren  series by Lisa Gardner, they are surprisingly good. I haven't read something I had to stay up till 3am for in years. D.D. Warren is a female police detective in Boston, all the books have psychological twists of some type to them.

@jimjum12

I think I've read everything by Ludlum and Berry and anything older by Cussler, but I'm not sure who Rollins is? 

JAMES ROLLINS ….. I love his stuff …. mostly series type stuff. Sigma Force are my favorites.... if you like Berry you may like Rollins too.... heavy on research. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I enjoyed the audible "Off To Be The Wizard"

just finished "Super Sales on Super Powers" by William D. Arand ...working on the second audible now...

and for anyone who likes HP Lovecraft (or in my case just couldn't read his stuff) I would highly recommend any of the "Dark Adventure Radio Theater" by the HP Lovecraft Historical Society... they are done as old time radio plays including old time commercials... absolutely fantastic!  Found this on you tube... but you can get them all on audibles!

Edited by ashsaytr
forgot something!

Just finished Jurassic Park. I’ve read nearly everything Crichton had written but somehow had missed maybe his most popular book. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Might be the first book I read this year. I have Lost World ready to go but decided to read a good stack of comics before I get started 

On 9/24/2019 at 3:34 PM, Pontoon said:

Almost done with the Robert Mitchum biography, "Baby, I Don't Care" by Lee Server. Two thumbs up!

29d5c37b8e978f1419fc99b3b7e18ef9.jpg

Pot smoker !!  :sumo:..........................lol

On 9/28/2019 at 5:19 PM, dupont2005 said:

Just finished Jurassic Park. I’ve read nearly everything Crichton had written but somehow had missed maybe his most popular book. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Might be the first book I read this year. I have Lost World ready to go but decided to read a good stack of comics before I get started 

I like Michael Crichton books as well..Just great reads! First book I read by him was Congo.  I could not put that book down. Loved it!

On 9/22/2019 at 10:42 PM, jimjum12 said:

JAMES ROLLINS ….. I love his stuff …. mostly series type stuff. Sigma Force are my favorites.... if you like Berry you may like Rollins too.... heavy on research. GOD BLESS....

Totally agree with you here. Rollins is amazing. He frequently comes through town and I try to go listen to him speak when I can. Very interesting guy and I enjoy how he incorporates animals since he is a licensed veterinarian.

I'm currently making my way through Terry Pratchett's Disc Work Series. Just finished Witches Abroad but will probably branch out to the new Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child book Old Bones next.

On 9/28/2019 at 5:55 PM, musicmeta said:

Reading "Night School" by Lee Child.  A Jack Reacher novel.  I'm close to having read all of Lee Child's books.

I keep up to date in Lee Child's series. I think my favorite so far is The Hard Way. Have you read Jonathan Kellerman? He is similarly dark.

3 hours ago, musicmeta said:

I like Michael Crichton books as well..Just great reads! First book I read by him was Congo.  I could not put that book down. Loved it!

Congo was my first too. I immediately rented the movie after and was severely disappointed 

On 10/3/2019 at 1:08 PM, Bkd Reader said:
On 9/23/2019 at 1:42 AM, jimjum12 said:

Totally agree with you here. Rollins is amazing. He frequently comes through town and I try to go listen to him speak when I can. Very interesting guy and I enjoy how he incorporates animals since he is a licensed veterinarian.

I'm currently making my way through Terry Pratchett's Disc Work Series. Just finished Witches Abroad but will probably branch out to the new Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child book Old Bones next.

Rollins is an Author whose books I sometimes just buy.... rather than wait for the library. Preston and Child are another.... I'd like to have a copy of Cabinet of Curiosities autographed by them both. GOD BLESS....

On 10/3/2019 at 1:08 PM, Bkd Reader said:

I keep up to date in Lee Child's series. I think my favorite so far is The Hard Way. Have you read Jonathan Kellerman? He is similarly dark.

I've read all the Reacher books and most of the Kellerman books, Lisa Gardner is darker than either of them.

The Harry Bosch series is another one that is good.