• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

Just finished "Origin" by Dan Brown … an engaging work with Artificial Intelligence as it's theme. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I liked it too.  It made me want to visit Barcelona.

I am reading all the jack l chalker well world books (10), all the alan dean foster flinx and humanx books (23) and all the piers anthony xanth books (44) and having a blast.

4 hours ago, piper said:

It's a great read. (if a bit of a slow burn).  I read this 25+ years ago.

being a cathedral construction enthusiast, it is a wonderful book. i still have the original hard cover. the miniseries fell on the floor, though. it was ok and entertaining, but could have been so much more. i wish they would re-do it. 

There is a tale to tell about my Loius L'Amour's collection. My wife and I moved in the 90's, so we had to box everything up. Alas we had no book shelves at first, so I stored the LL collection in a few boxes in a spare bedroom. My wife said they had to go, so I moved them down into the basement. Turns out I made a mistake and placed them flush against the basement wall. :makepoint:  Come Spring I went downstairs to get a book to read and noticed a moisture problem. It turned out that about 45 copies had water damage and had to be tossed. I spent a good 10 years replacing them through book stores and Ebay. I recall finding 14 of them in one store, so that really sped up the process. In all there are 115 books in the leatherette Loius L'Amour's collection, should anyone else decide to collect them. (thumbsu

I am happy to report that I recently became able to read without difficulty again. Since the incident, I had found it hard to concentrate reading book text. I think this might have something to do with encountering many tiny strokes (something like 10 or 15?) while they attempted all the open heart stuff, having removed my sternum.

I picked up with a Simon Rich book called "Hits & Misses". I've read several of his other books and find his stuff interesting and funny. You probably have seen some of his writing make it to TV-- most recently with Miracle Workers and before that with the series "Man Seeking Woman" - which I have also read albeit after watching the tv show.ANd previously I read his book "Spoiled Brats"

Spoiled Brats: Stories Paperback

My brother also recently loaned me a copy of "I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski" - which seems pretty much on point -  lol

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQqDqoc9CgKY8VgyKzeK

Edited by 01TheDude