• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

thanks to the fine folks at Humble Bundle, I got Crystal Shard-Passage to Dawn for only fifteen bucks! Been rediscovering these books again after a hiatus from reading in the past six years!

See the source image

29 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

I’ve only read eye of the needle but my son has read the whole pillars series and loved them.

Eye of the needle was a good read too. I think I was in my Len Deighton, Jack Higgins, John Le Carre phase at the time.

“Casca the eternal mercenary” series. Is anyone else familiar with? Any fans? The Roman soldier who speared Christ on the cross. Christ condemns him to live as a soldier, eternally until they meet again..... Would make an awesome comic and movie. 

On 4/3/2020 at 5:50 PM, skypinkblu said:

Night Fire, by Michaell Connelly, Harry Bosch and Renee Ballard.

I always do a drawing of characters when I check a Connelly book out of library and slip it inside cover so next reader can see it.
Here's my ballard:

1 (1).jpg

Friendly :bump:

I'm working on FLOOD TIDE by Clive Cussler. He recently passed away but one thing about authors, their spirit remains in the pages of their books. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

45 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Friendly :bump:

I'm working on FLOOD TIDE by Clive Cussler. He recently passed away but one thing about authors, their spirit remains in the pages of their books. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Yeah, he used to live in Aurora, IL not far from my home.  I was hoping that he was alive to find long missing Flight 2501 that crashed somewhere in Lake Michigan on June 23, 1950. 58 presumed dead. Only hands and one ear were recovered.  He searched the wrecked plane twice but failed to locate it.  That will leave to Michigan Shipwreck Research Association (MSRA) to continue finding it.

Relentless, by R.A. Salvatore. I've been reading the Drizzt novel series since I was a kid, and it is still my favorite fantasy novel series. Would love to see it turned into a streaming series, but I don't know if any of the streaming services would have the patience to do it properly.

Relentless.jpg

I just finished up Tiamat's Wrath by James SA Corey, the eighth book in the Expanse series and I thought it was excellent.  I'm looking forward to the final book next year and to the fifth season of the tv show adaptation in December.

I've been reading the 1632/Ring of Fire series by Eric Flint and others.  I've read around 30 books in the series so far  this year (out of around 65 including side novels).  Right now I'm reading two of them - Second Chance Bird by Garrett W. Vance and 1636: The Cardinal Virtues by Eric Flint and Walter H. Hunt

cardinal.jpg

tiamat.jpg

second chance.jpg

Edited by kaculler