• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

What are you guys and gals reading right now, besides comic books? I know comics helped instill a love for reading in me and it's still a major focus in my life today. For me.... "Jack the Ripper, Case Closed" by Patricia Cornwell, "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, Collected Short Stories by H.P. Lovecraft, "Souls on Fire" by Elie Weisel, "The Nature of Space and Time" by Hawkins and Penrose, and two biographies about AC / DC and Led Zeppelin. They're all great. GOD BLESS...

If you enjoy the bios of AC/DC and Zep, be sure to read Keith Richards' autobiography, and also the bio of Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys.

I recently read the first book of "Maus" and really enjoyed it. I also just read a very long article in the New Yorker about Scientology and Paul Haggis, and it was very interesting.

The best Rolling Stones book I ever read was 'Up and Down with the Rolling Stones' by Tony Sanchez (Keith's assistant, i.e. drug dealer). As full of dirt as it gets, from an inside source.

Out of print now, but you can still find copies on Amazon and eBay

I just finished the published "Emberverse" books by S.M. Stirling, and while the series hasn't been finished yet, Stirling is a solid writer who has managed to combine the Sci-Fi & Fantasy genres.

To basically describe the books, imagine if everything from gunpowder to internal combustion engines stopped working. Tomorrow. A total reversal of physics, which dropped the world back into the early Bronze Age (and I'm not talking about GL #76).

It's a great story that spans over many books, and I'd recommend them to anyone who enjoys good writing.

What are you guys and gals reading right now, besides comic books? I know comics helped instill a love for reading in me and it's still a major focus in my life today. For me.... "Jack the Ripper, Case Closed" by Patricia Cornwell, "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, Collected Short Stories by H.P. Lovecraft, "Souls on Fire" by Elie Weisel, "The Nature of Space and Time" by Hawkins and Penrose, and two biographies about AC / DC and Led Zeppelin. They're all great. GOD BLESS...

If you enjoy the bios of AC/DC and Zep, be sure to read Keith Richards' autobiography, and also the bio of Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys.

I recently read the first book of "Maus" and really enjoyed it. I also just read a very long article in the New Yorker about Scientology and Paul Haggis, and it was very interesting.

......love rock and roll bios....and anything about th Stones is at the top of the list. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Clash of the kings by George R. R. Martin. Just started it.

I won't even attempt that series until all the books are out.

I read the first two books when they came out and they were awesome! However, by the time the third one was released, I lost track of EVERYTHING. I decided not to pick it up again until the series concludes.

Just got into King's FULL DARK, NO STARS yesterday & finished the first of it's four short novels 1922. It was excellent. One of the best things that I've read by the man in a long time & I've been a dedicated reader of his work since reading the CARRIE movie tie-in paperback way back in 1977 when I was just a wee lad of 15.

Hopefully, the rest of the book will be just as good, if not better.

After which, I'll either jump right into Jack Kilborn's TRAPPED or Ken Bruen's THE DRAMATIST, the fourth of his Jack Taylor series of novels. I haven't decided which yet.

Of Permanent Value- book about Warren Buffett (serious man-crush on WB, a genius!)

Liar's Poker- ibankers messing around on Wall Street, much more entertaining than I thought. Reading this in preparation for The Big Short by the same author about the recent 'market correction.'

Just got into King's FULL DARK, NO STARS yesterday & finished the first of it's four short novels 1922. It was excellent. One of the best things that I've read by the man in a long time & I've been a dedicated reader of his work since reading the CARRIE movie tie-in paperback way back in 1977 when I was just a wee lad of 15.

Hopefully, the rest of the book will be just as good, if not better.

After which, I'll either jump right into Jack Kilborn's TRAPPED or Ken Bruen's THE DRAMATIST, the fourth of his Jack Taylor series of novels. I haven't decided which yet.

WTTB! Gotta say, I have zero time for King.