• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

My husband, who never used to look at a book unless someone threw it at him, or it had numbers in it, started reading a few years ago.

He's been through all the Baldacci books, the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn  and the Pike Logan series by Brad Taylor. I read all three series a while ago, but he highly recommends them now. I told him to try the Scot Harvath series by Brad Thor (it gets confusing with all the Brads) if he liked those.

I'm still reading my thrillers, but I decided to shift gears a little and check out some historical fiction again.... I've just started Michael and Kathleen Gear's " Coming of the Storm" , a part of the ongoing "Coming to America" series.... riveting stuff. This copy came from Second And Charles and is autographed by the authors. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

22 hours ago, oldbsturgeon said:

I am working though a book on Duke Ellington by Terry Teachout. It’s pretty good and quite detailed 

I love biographies. I bet that one would be interesting. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Thought I'd bump this since we seem to have some time on our hands. I just finished The Shadow Saint by Gareth Hanrahan. Book 1 of the series is Gutter Prayer. I liked them both, recommended if you like fantasy. The world-building is quite interesting.

I'm looking for something new to read. I generally like fantasy. I enjoy sci-fi as well. Any recommendations?

1 hour ago, JJ-4 said:

Anyone read any Ken Follett?  I was given Pillars of the Earth, wanted to know if it was a good read.

It's a great read. (if a bit of a slow burn).  I read this 25+ years ago.