• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Owner Silver Age/Bronze "Cereal Box" Collection of 6,000 books

61 posts in this topic

Green Lantern #59

March 1968

First appearance of Guy Gardner

6.5-7.0 condition

Asking $70 or BO

Photobucket

th_img382.jpg

Ghost Rider #1

COPY 1

8.5 to 9.0 condition

$200 or BO

Photobucket

th_img404.jpg

Ghost Rider #1

COPY 2

8.0 condition

$150

Photobucket

Marvel Spotlight #5

Origin and 1st appearance of Ghost Rider

3.5 condition

$50

Photobucket

th_img455.jpg

House of Secrets #92

1st appearance of Swamp Thing

Wrightson Art

$225

I figure if this can sell for $185

http://cgi.ebay.com/House-Secrets-92-1st-Swamp-Thing-/260719340471?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb4156bb7#ht_3871wt_905

then my copies worth at least $225 hm

Photobucket

th_img436.jpg

Marvel Premiere #4

4.0 condition

$2.5

Photobucket

th_img247.jpg

Marvel Premiere #5

5.0 condition

$3

Photobucket

th_img245.jpg

Marvel Premiere #6

Good condition

$2

Photobucket

th_img243.jpg

Marvel Premiere #7

$5

Photobucket

th_img241.jpg

Marvel Premiere #8

7.0 condition

$5

Photobucket

th_img239.jpg

Marvel Premiere #9

$5

Photobucket

th_img236.jpg

Marvel Premiere #10

6.0 condition

$5

Photobucket

th_img234.jpg

Marvel Premiere #11

7.0 condition

Origin of Dr. Strange

$5

Photobucket

th_img232.jpg

This collection of approximately 6,000 books was recently purchased in New England from the brother of the original owner, who stored his books by taking a cereal box - cutting it in half "vertically" - and then putting the comics into a thin plastic bag (comic bags not widely available then I guess) and carefully sandwiching them in between the two halves of the box.

He would then encircle them with a piece of string which had each end tied to a rubber band - allowing for stretching..

The collection has almost every Marvel title from the period of 1963 or 64 up to about 1980. Also, almost every issue is there - including the keys. Most are in mid grade - but there are many in the 8.0 to 9.8 area.

Congrats on the find - Great story! :applause:

Hi - Thanks for all the interest...and the sales :) Looks like we are going to be auctioning these instead...I'm going to make a thread on the outside sales forum re: the same...and will be posting scans of books there as they are listed...as this would be the wrong forum now..etc. I'm going to try to put up 30 a day or so..some will be in lots. The Hulk 181 is on its way to the CGC as we speak....looks pretty stellar.

I have a partner in the books who preferred they be auctioned..etc.. and have to do what they tell me (shrug) Anyone who PM'd me regarding particular books will still be notified when I find some books they requested..and I will try to still work out a deal privately with those particular books.. etc.

heres a live list

http://ivegotneatstuff.com/original-owner-cereal-box-comic-book-collection-from-massachusetts

THANKS and hope ya'll will still bid!

:banana: