• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somebody scored bigtime on this Action Comics #10

236 posts in this topic

I wonder what the page quality is. This issue is known to have on average, lower page quaility vs other issues of this period.

Who cares? I'd pay $200 for pieces of that book.

I wonder what the page quality is. This issue is known to have on average, lower page quaility vs other issues of this period.

I'd pay $200 to look at your pieces of that book. :)

Crazy

I feel for the seller actually, obviously had no idea what he had.

Crazy

That is nobody's fault but his own. I am happy for the buyer.

very supple cream to ow

Crazy

That is nobody's fault but his own. I am happy for the buyer.

Gheese Mike, Empire paid the guys asking price no harm no foul.

I just said I felt for the guy for not knowing what he had. He hopefully learned an expensive lesson.

He hopefully learned an expensive lesson.

He got paid $200 to learn it. I guess that's expensive. Probably took him five minutes to list it so that's about $2400 an hour for the lesson.

He got paid $200 to learn it. I guess that's expensive. Probably took him five minutes to list it so that's about $2400 an hour for the lesson.

Hopefully, the seller still doesn't know about his mistake. Ignorance can be bliss. Perhaps over time he'll learn...but this one is gonna hurt. Right now, it would be bad taste to send him a pointer email.

Hopefully, the seller still doesn't know about his mistake.

He's too busy splurging on his free $200.

Hopefully, the seller still doesn't know about his mistake. Ignorance can be bliss. Perhaps over time he'll learn...but this one is gonna hurt. Right now, it would be bad taste to send him a pointer email.

oh, the seller knows now...he changed his supes 17 from bin to auction style..went for $500+, told them the action 10 was worth 10x the supes 17 (this long before the auction ended, back when I was high bidder...they are likely not real happy,I imagine)...has a couple others, but no more "biggies" (I already asked lol )

oh, the seller knows now...he changed his supes 17 from bin to auction style..went for $500+, told them the action 10 was worth 10x the supes 17 (this long before the auction ended, back when I was high bidder...they are likely not real happy,I imagine)...has a couple others, but no more "biggies" (I already asked lol )

I also contacted the seller. I basically said the seller had undervalued her BIN price, and that auction is a better bet with Superman comics because they're so popular. Here's what the seller wrote back:

"THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION. THIS CAME FROM MY UNCLES ESTATE. I HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF COMIC VALUE. MY MISTAKE BUT SOMEONE ELSES GOOD FORTUNE. MY UNCLE WAS BORN IN 1929 AND ALL THE TOYS WAS HIS AND NONE WAS NEWER THAN 1942/

THANKS AGAIN, JUDY"

I like to imagine that Judy is a very wealthy individual and sincerely doesn't care one way or the other about the price.

This whole thing makes me re-think my practice of looking at auctions only...

oh, it is legit...I have already seen the comic and it is in empire's hand....he was doing the happy dance for sure

Just because I am a glutton for punishment...how is the BC and interior?

actioncomics10.jpg

actioncomics10back.jpg

There is no "third staple". Centerfold is firmly attached at both staples. Cream to off-white pages & supple. Book is on it's way to CGC.

I know what you mean. I never look at "Buy it Now" Style.

I don't know, is it worth it to spend all those hours searching for a diamond in the rough? Even for this one, which obviously qualifies as a diamond, you had a window of 7 minutes to find it...

Holy cow, that's awesome. Well done, Bob! :applause:

Thanks Jon. I was hoping Charlie Sheen would keep taking the spotlight, but I guess he shut up for a couple minutes today for this to slip in. :P

Me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :whee: