• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

Action comics 1 superman page ending tonite with splash panel of action comics 7

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=678525

sitting low at 4k

Hard to believe that that price is considered low, but you are probably right!

Indeed... should be double that at 8k.... The best page to hit the open market!

who knows when another superman will be availble for sale.

Will be fun to see the result of this holy grail page?

Finished at $4,306. Maybe its being brittle held it back.

That will definitely do it as most collectors here seem to avoid anything at all do with the word "Brittle" in the PQ. :( .

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 2:04 AM, Submariner said:

Not really all the action comics 1 superman pages are brittle.... if its a page thats brittle. it doesnt matter since its protected in the case!

someone nabbed a deal. a 7-8k page 4.3k is a steal

Agree with Holden 100%.  Brittle doesn't matter as long as there aren't  flakes in the holder (IMO) and someone STOLE that page for 4.3k.  Agree it's a 7-8k page.

Edited by Chicago Boy

12 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

ComicConnect last night

Action 23 5.0 sl br 15.2K ( nice looking copy though)

brittle kills it for any book

That 5.0 Action 23 goes a long way toward proving my point that the "PQ" on the label doesn't have anything to do with what a book "looks" like, or the literal colour of the paper.  The whites on that book are very vivid and it looks very clean and the colours are bright.  It may have gotten that "slightly brittle" due to just one small area of paper.  Someone got a nice deal on that copy and I might even say it warrants a CPR.

-J.

46 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

I wish I did.  

Indeed! I dont think may exist and if they do they are keepers. The Superman Action 2 car lift with brittle pages sold for 16k  last november!!

Edited by zen514

Really. It sold for 4.3k in auction. A steal... At least an 8k Page!! Its like a page pf the ten commandments!! 7 superman pages in Action 1

The car lift page sold in buy it now on for 16k. I think buy it nows are better for seller on these pages. 

Would be great to own all 7 slabbed!!

Edited by zen514

1 minute ago, zen514 said:

Really. It sold for 4.3k in auction. A steal... At least an 8k Page!! Its like a page pf the ten commandments!! 7 superman pages in Action 1

The car lift page sold in buy it now on for 16k. I think buy it nows are better for seller on these pages. 

Would be great to own all 7 slabbed!!

I agree on 4.3k being a steal.  Such a great depiction of Superman.

51 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

I agree on 4.3k being a steal.  Such a great depiction of Superman.

Indeed!  silver age spider-man amazing fantasy 15 pages are selling for 1.2k !!!

action 1 supes pages is more than rare where af15 is common compared to it. 10k a page even brittle for any supes page!! Grail pages the genesis of the golden age and super heroes.

Edited by zen514