• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

On May 13, 2018 at 6:17 PM, circumstances said:

Looking on the census, #2, 4 and 5 have 19 universal each. Number 3 has 14.

It just amazes me how few (unrestored/unqualified) copies of these monumental issues have been submitted.

I think CGC is great for selling.  For those of us (seemingly dying breed) who simply collect (and actually read) comics, there is no great need to encapsulate.   

Perhaps when I die and my kids liquidate, you will see some of those CGC census numbers move up, since I am certain I can't take them with me.  

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

I think CGC is great for selling.  For those of us (seemingly dying breed) who simply collect (and actually read) comics, there is no great need to encapsulate.   

Perhaps when I die and my kids liquidate, you will see some of those CGC census numbers move up, since I am certain I can't take them with me.  

I'm with you. None of my books are slabbed. I will likely submit them and sell them at some point, and just leave the cash to the kids.

As far as the census goes, it's all relative. Relatively speaking, Action 2-5 appear to be extremely limited in supply.

42 minutes ago, circumstances said:

I'm with you. None of my books are slabbed. I will likely submit them and sell them at some point, and just leave the cash to the kids.

As far as the census goes, it's all relative. Relatively speaking, Action 2-5 appear to be extremely limited in supply.

100 percent agree.  

I think 2 - 5 are definitely in limited supply and demand far outweighs supply.   

Action 2 is perhaps my favorite cover of all time  

Any slabbed copies I have of those books ( 2 - 5 ) are only because I purchased them already slabbed.   

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

Action 2 is perhaps my favorite cover of all time  

I completely agree!  That's my #1.

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

Any slabbed copies I have of those books ( 2 - 5 ) are only because I purchased them already slabbed.   

Slabbed for these wouldn't bother me at all since you don't need to handle them.  There are other sources for reading them, and then you don't have to be careful while flipping pages.

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

@circumstances Please allow me to say that your sig line is very impressive.  All great books.  I especially like your TEC 5!

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Thanks! I'm glad you mentioned it. I must have signatures turned off, and I didn't even know that picture was there. I must have switched it with my normal one and forgotten about it (or something funky happened in the board migration).

On 5/20/2018 at 3:11 PM, circumstances said:

I am in the same boat about encapsulation as you guys.  I only have two books that are slabbed anymore.

49 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

I used to crack whatever I bought, now I flipped to the opposite- everything must be slabbed. I prefer it for storage, etc. 

Me, too.

On 5/13/2018 at 3:17 PM, circumstances said:

Looking on the census, #2, 4 and 5 have 19 universal each. Number 3 has 14.

It just amazes me how few (unrestored/unqualified) copies of these monumental issues have been submitted.

The numbers remain very low even when you count the restored and qualified copies.

On 6/6/2018 at 2:53 PM, SuperBird said:

I used to crack whatever I bought, now I flipped to the opposite- everything must be slabbed. I prefer it for storage, etc. 

I would crack them out, but the new slabs are murder.

21 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I would crack them out, but the new slabs are murder.

I cracked one out using the approach where you insert a screwdriver to break the seal along the edge and it wasn't too bad.

Check out the following for more info:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/423375-how-to-crack-out-the-new-cgc-cases-safely/?page=1