• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

This thread needs a bump. Thanks to boardie Red84 I have this early Sup cover.

Screenshot_2016-07-16-20-15-33-1_zpsp1siaj9q.png

great book in any shape ^^

Thanks Harold. Not nearly as nice as your copy.

A copy is a copy just to have one is huge deal, Dont ever think its not. I would be happy to have a .5 xtra.

I bought a copy of Action 16 from an old bud last year;He had the book since the 80s i was so busy looking for resto that i did not find that the centerfold had a rip that was glued back.

Very good points. (thumbs u

WOW!

I did not even know this thread existed. I am looking forward to looking through many of the pages of this thread when I have more time.

For now, I want to thank Kinzebac for bumping this thread, thus allowing me to see it.

I also concur that one should never be ashamed of a book, just because the condition may not be as high as they want it to be. I think that AC15 looks great. The cover is complete and you own an Action from the 1930(s). You should be proud of that. Don't make excuses for the book, just enjoy it.

I recently bought a B&W copy of "If the Devil Would Talk". It was not the highest graded copy I have ever seen (it was the one that was in the recent comic connect auction), but I am thrilled to just own a copy. If someone else doesn't think it is awesome, well that is their problem.

Thanks to Ryan for starting this thread. Great idea. Speaking of Ryan, look at what he started this thread with. One beat up page from an AC1. He was not ashamed of that; he was proud (as he should be). Way to go Ryan.

As for me, now that I know this "club" exists, I hope my sig line will allow me a "membership". If not, then perhaps, if anyone has an interest, I can dig out the #11 - #24, when I get back. (warning, my photography skills leave a lot to be desired).

Edited by Hudson

WOW!

I did not even know this thread existed. I am looking forward to looking through many of the pages of this thread when I have more time.

For now, I want to thank Kinzebac for bumping this thread, thus allowing me to see it.

I also concur that one should never be ashamed of a book, just because the condition may not be as high as they want it to be. I think that AC15 looks great. The cover is complete and you own an Action from the 1930(s). You should be proud of that. Don't make excuses for the book, just enjoy it.

I recently bought a B&W copy of "If the Devil Would Talk". It was not the highest graded copy I have ever seen (it was the one that was in the recent comic connect auction), but I am thrilled to just own a copy. If someone else doesn't think it is awesome, well that is their problem.

Thanks to Ryan for starting this thread. Great idea. Speaking of Ryan, look at what he started this thread with. One beat up page from an AC1. He was not ashamed of that; he was proud (as he should be). Way to go Ryan.

As for me, now that I know this "club" exists, I hope my sig line will allow me a "membership". If not, then perhaps, if anyone has an interest, I can dig out the #11 - #24, when I get back. (warning, my photography skills leave a lot to be desired).

Thanks Rich for the kind words. Your signature line is so awesome it would make you the Grand Marshall of this thread. :headbang:

WOW!

Thanks Rich for the kind words. Your signature line is so awesome it would make you the Grand Marshall of this thread. :headbang:

Thanks Keith. I have been blessed to come across some nice books through out the years. I have been more blessed to come across the kind people on this board.

Thanks Rich. If you think that it's cool that years ago, I was proud to own a non-Superman page from Action #1, you'll get a kick out of how excited I was to own 1 panel from an original Superman #1 in 2009. This was before slabbed pages from big-time books were readily available. At the time, it was very tough to acquire "a part" of a book like Superman #1.

No, I couldn't afford a beat up copy, not even coverless. But thanks to a lot of searching and a little bit of luck, I was able to acquire one panel from page 5/6.

Yes, a panel, I know.

I'd almost rather have this one little panel than a complete Superman #2 with a cover. Call me crazy, but how else could I possibly afford any part of a book so valuable.

Here it is, in all of it's (tiny) glory...

SupermanPanel.jpg

Ryan,

That is awesome.

When I get back to the states, I will have to see if I have the page that panel came from.

Chances are I do, however, I can't be sure until I look.

Thanks Rich. If you think that it's cool that years ago, I was proud to own a non-Superman page from Action #1, you'll get a kick out of how excited I was to own 1 panel from an original Superman #1 in 2009. This was before slabbed pages from big-time books were readily available. At the time, it was very tough to acquire "a part" of a book like Superman #1.

No, I couldn't afford a beat up copy, not even coverless. But thanks to a lot of searching and a little bit of luck, I was able to acquire one panel from page 5/6.

Yes, a panel, I know.

I'd almost rather have this one little panel than a complete Superman #2 with a cover. Call me crazy, but how else could I possibly afford any part of a book so valuable.

SupermanPanel.jpg

Ryan,

When you said this was on page 5 / 6, I had a difficult time finding it. I looked on my page 5 and page 6 and did not find it.

Then I figured out that when you said 5/6, you were talking about page 3 (both sides). Stupid me.

Anyway, I was hoping to photograph the whole page, but unfortunately I cannot. I have the 2 and 4, but my page 3 is missing.

Still a great panel. Love how Superman is so "black and white" in his response. Nice piece. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, a panel, I know.

SupermanPanel.jpg

Ryan,

When you said this was on page 5 / 6, I had a difficult time finding it. I looked on my page 5 and page 6 and did not find it.

Then I figured out that when you said 5/6, you were talking about page 3 (both sides). Stupid me.

Anyway, I was hoping to photograph the whole page, but unfortunately I cannot. I have the 2 and 4, but my page 3 is missing.

Still a great panel. Love how Superman is so "black and white" in his response. Nice piece. Thanks for sharing.

I'm pretty sure I need that panel to fill in mine that has a chunk out of it. Back side of this page.

CIMG2832.jpg

Edited by Captain Canuck

Yes, a panel, I know.

SupermanPanel.jpg

Ryan,

I'm pretty sure I need that panel to fill in mine that has a chunk out of it. Back side of this page.

CIMG2832.jpg

Very cool, but that is NOT the panel you need. That is panel 6 out of 8 on the page and you need panel 7.

Ryan's panel would fit on the the middle right side of the page, and you need the one that fits on the bottom left (as you are looking at the back of page 3 from where this came).

Ryan,

Thanks again for starting this cool thread.

I know my sig line bought me a ticket to the club, but I thought I would dig up these other books in hopes of getting a "full membership".

Hope you all enjoy these and will forgive my horrible photography skills. I just took this with my phone, and so there appears to be some shadowing (especially on the top row of books in the title section) that is not on the actual books, but for the most part, the photo is an accurate depiction.

Special thanks also to board member Gotham Kid who showed me how to even post photographs on the board. Thanks Peter.

aom8o8.jpg

Ryan,

I know my sig line bought me a ticket to the club, but I thought I would dig up these other books in hopes of getting a "full membership".

Hope you all enjoy these and will forgive my horrible photography skills. I just took this with my phone, and so there appears to be some shadowing (especially on the top row of books in the title section) that is not on the actual books, but for the most part, the photo is an accurate depiction.

Special thanks also to board member Gotham Kid who showed me how to even post photographs on the board. Thanks Peter.

aom8o8.jpg

Amazing collection Rich. I bet they look even better in person. :headbang:

Ryan,

aom8o8.jpg

Amazing collection Rich. I bet they look even better in person. :headbang:

wow, amazing collection

fbgr4j.jpg

Just joined as well!

I plan on color touching the letters in due time (since it's already restored slightly - with some cleaning and color touching). But the main area with supes is still bright and looking well!

Edited by Flashattack

fbgr4j.jpg

Just joined as well!

I plan on color touching the letters in due time (since it's already restored slightly - with some cleaning and color touching). But the main area with supes is still bright and looking well!

nice one. ac15 is a special book in hand. this would look great if you touched up the rest of the red letters (thumbs u

fbgr4j.jpg

Just joined as well!

nice one. ac15 is a special book in hand. this would look great if you touched up the rest of the red letters (thumbs u

Thanks, that's the plan for sure. I'm not sure how that happened on the letters only. Kind've odd.