• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

I picked this up in Chicago & don't think I've posted it here.

action%20comics%2019_zpsqzehkxr4.jpg

Frisco,

Welcome to the club (if you were not already a member).

Of course you could have posted your coverless copy over here and that would have got you a ticket into the club, but this one is much nicer.

I am very happy you were able to pick this up

Thanks so much Hudson :) Yeah, I've been a member of this club for quite a while (thumbs u I've sold a few here & there, but still have a few & am buying more as they come my way ;)

fbgr4j.jpg

Just joined as well!

I plan on color touching the letters in due time (since it's already restored slightly - with some cleaning and color touching). But the main area with supes is still bright and looking well!

Welcome to the club.

Congrats on the 15.

Thank you sir

Here's another that I have a scan of. I have a few that I need to get pics of.

action17_zps070671e0.jpg

Frisco,

Nice 17 & 18. Great books.

The first two double digit Actions I ever owned were #17 & #18. I walked into a LCS and they had those two issues in their bin. I grabbed them both and they were the gems of my collection for a LONG time.

Congrats on having some beautiful early Actions. You should be very proud!

action17_zps070671e0.jpg

Frisco,

The first two double digit Actions I ever owned were #17 & #18. I walked into a LCS and they had those two issues in their bin. I grabbed them both and they were the gems of my collection for a LONG time.

Thanks Hudson :) I AM proud & happy to have them, as well as the others I've managed to squirrel away :banana: I need to take a group shot like yours, which is AWESOME BTW (worship)

action17_zps070671e0.jpg

Frisco,

Thanks Hudson :) I AM proud & happy to have them, as well as the others I've managed to squirrel away :banana: I need to take a group shot like yours, which is AWESOME BTW (worship)

BTW, KILLER story about getting them out of a bin at your LCS!!!! I mighta fainted :fear:lol

Recent CLINK win:

RAD542_B52016823_141953.jpggifs upload

Nice grab

I had my eye on This and the 0.5. I didn't realize how low the census was for this book.

Thanks all.

Yeah, I don't know why, but 20 is relatively hard to find, definitely more so than any other SM covers aside from 1,7,10, and 13. Been looking for a while. I thought the .5 was a good deal as well, whoever won that.

Now I just need a 23! :)

Edited by SuperBird

BTW, KILLER story about getting them out of a bin at your LCS!!!! I mighta fainted :fear:lol

Thank you. I have been blessed to grab up some nice early Actions along the way. (I assume you are talking about the sig line, not the other group shot I have a few pages back of 11 - 24).

As for the LCS story, it wasn't a dollar bin, but they were still very affordable and I was not letting them out of my sight. I could not believe some little store had an AC17 and 18 just sitting in the bin. I don't recall there being any other Actions even close to that old in the bin (maybe only SA other than those two books). At the time, I don't know if I own any Actions under maybe #200, so those were like a dream come true.

Really enjoy seeing your books posted here. You should do a group shot when you have time and have the books out. I often don't do too many photos as my photography "skills" are horrible and the photos usually look bad (grainy, dark, or the flash reflects off the Myler).

Thanks again for the kind words about my books. I truly appreciate it. :)

How long ago was this and based upon the asking price, did it appear as if the store owner knew what he had? ???

Most LCS's I know would definitely have books (actually photocopies only) like this on their wall behind their sales desk to keep the busy hands from lifting them out of the store. hm