• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

Nice thread Ryan. and each to his own but I have become kind of an anti-incomplete guy. Every time I had own something incomplete (especially a book without a cover) I grew to hate it and couldnt wait to unload it. But if you must....The trick is always to get the cover first and then (at least) you have a better possibility of landing a coverless somewhere. If you have the patience of course, which I do not. As for wraps, not for me.

Hope you really enjoy this one...

Now lets see some more Action covers. From the non-sup covers, that 3 is jaw dropping. :cry: wish I had one

Nice thread Ryan. and each to his own but I have become kind of an anti-incomplete guy. Every time I had own something incomplete (especially a book without a cover) I grew to hate it and couldnt wait to unload it. But if you must....The trick is always to get the cover first and then (at least) you have a better possibility of landing a coverless somewhere. If you have the patience of course, which I do not. As for wraps, not for me.

Hope you really enjoy this one...

Now lets see some more Action covers. From the non-sup covers, that 3 is jaw dropping. :cry: wish I had one

Thanks John.

Every collector has different tastes. When it comes to the super-key GA issues, coverless or incomplete is usually A-OK with me because otherwise the book might be well out of my price-range.

With Action Comics #1, one cannot afford to be picky.

3/5ths of a front-cover sold on ComicConnect for $6,800...and that was almost two years ago; well before the 1 million and 1.5 million dollar sales pushed this book even further out of the stratosphere.

I feel privileged to now own a piece of my own.

It's the greatest comic book of all-time IMO; a book so powerful in the importance department that even a small fraction of it can be treasured as a piece of history. :cloud9:

totally understand that you would love a piece of history. But 1) there is no superman on the wrap therefore it falls in another tier of this "piece of history" category. 2) a cover for Action 1 (or 3/4ths) will always go for a substantial amount of money because there are people out there looking to complete their coverless copies (in some way). People pay good money for key GA covers they need to complete their coverless. Just a few years back a Tec 35 cover sold for good money because the person needed it to complete the coverless copy he had. That was a good move of course.

In the end though I hope you are happy , and I will be even happier for you

Is there any doubt that Leo O'Mealia's run of Action Covers, 2-6, is one of the greatest consecutive runs of covers by any GA artist?

I love the Action #2 cover he did the most. An under appreciated artist with great style.