The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
7 7

1,344 posts in this topic

4,466 posts
4 hours ago, fishbone said:

Congrats on winning my #15!   I miss it already, but I'm glad it found a good home  (thumbsu

Not yours, I don't think? Bought it from metro maybe 15 years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,047 posts
On 4/8/2019 at 7:44 PM, SuperBird said:

Not yours, I don't think? Bought it from metro maybe 15 years ago. 

Jumped the gun .... guess it isn't the same book

 

 

action15.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,466 posts

Beautiful copy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,007 posts
24 minutes ago, goldenacase said:

I pulled the trigger when this book came up on World Wide last night thought it presented quite well with White Pages and the price seemed quite reasonable .

aacti_19_40.jpg

So, YOU were the guy. Saw it this morning and mourned its sale. Congrats! It’s a beauty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,966 posts
4 hours ago, goldenacase said:

I pulled the trigger when this book came up on World Wide last night thought it presented quite well with White Pages and the price seemed quite reasonable .

aacti_19_40.jpg

:headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,402 posts
4 hours ago, gunsmokin said:
4 hours ago, goldenacase said:

I pulled the trigger when this book came up on World Wide last night thought it presented quite well with White Pages and the price seemed quite reasonable .

aacti_19_40.jpg

So, YOU were the guy. Saw it this morning and mourned its sale. Congrats! It’s a beauty.

So, YOU were the guy. Saw it today and thought sweet pickup. Congrats! Indeed, very nice copy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,587 posts
49 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

A complete coverless copy of Action Comics #1 is for sale on eBay.

LINK

1.jpg

Same one that sold a few months back on the Bay ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,419 posts
16 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Same one that sold a few months back on the Bay ? 

I believe so. Was offered here on the boards too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,587 posts
10 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

I believe so. Was offered here on the boards too.

100k seems like a fair price to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,047 posts
On 5/2/2019 at 9:24 AM, Chicago Boy said:

100k seems like a fair price to me 

130K USD  too high at this point ,  but in 3-5 years maybe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,419 posts
8 minutes ago, fishbone said:

130K USD  too high at this point ,  but in 3-5 years maybe 

There is a best offer option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,419 posts
12 minutes ago, path4play said:

My humble entry.

img042.jpg

 

 

 

Love the 1939 date-stamp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,966 posts
1 hour ago, path4play said:

My humble entry.

img042.jpg

 

 

 

:takeit:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,412 posts
On 4/3/2019 at 8:13 AM, SuperBird said:

Well, I don't think I've posted this run here, so may as well keep the party going. I'm waiting on my 23 to come back from CGC...

Action15.jpg

Action16.jpg

Action17.jpg

Action18.jpg

Action19.jpg

Action20.jpg

Action21.jpg

Action22.jpg

The #18 is my former copy.  :cloud9:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,419 posts

Predictions for the Action #1 at auction? :popcorn:

LINK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
877 posts
6 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Predictions for the Action #1 at auction? :popcorn:

LINK

$230 K ish.

Is this the CLink copy from five years ago that went for $130 K ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
7 7